RESOLVED Bass is nonexistent (resolved by OTA update)

Yes. Much better and more of what I expect from a base luxury car system. It's funny a lot of lucid apologists / fanboys were saying it's not bad / must use tidal / etc etc, when clearly even lucid knew there was a problem needing fixing.
A lot of folks were trying to help you out by trying some alternatives to make it sound better. Calling them names is a funny way to thank them for it.

Few who got their cars a year or more ago have ever actually heard the base system. So I can see why many found it hard to believe it sounded as bad as you all were describing.

Also more than a few in the past had issues with their pro systems that was cleared up with a service visit. So many figured perhaps that was what was going on with your car as well.

We’re a community of owners who like to help each other out. Personally, that’s why I keep coming back.

Anyway, we’re very glad Lucid jumped in and fixed the issue for you folks.

Last edited:
If they have an undersized Subwoofer then there is not much that can be done. Using the equalizer to bump it up would not have the same effect as a chest thumping sub with a powerful amp. Wonder how the member who updated his sound system is enjoying his audio?

Yes. Much better and more of what I expect from a base luxury car system. It's funny a lot of lucid apologists / fanboys were saying it's not bad / must use tidal / etc etc, when clearly even lucid knew there was a problem needing fixing.
Nobody said there was nothing wrong with it. The only thing people were trying to do was explain to you how the system was designed, and explain that quality of source material matters, so that you could get the most out of the system you had.

If you'd like, the next time you have a problem, us "apologists" can say "sucks to be you, good luck hating your car" instead, if that's preferable. 🙄

None of us think Lucid is perfect; however, none of us are afraid to solve our own problems either, and all of us admitted we hadn't heard the base sound system multiple times. Not sure how we could have been more helpful.

If they have an undersized Subwoofer then there is not much that can be done. Using the equalizer to bump it up would not have the same effect as a chest thumping sub with a powerful amp. Wonder how the member who updated his sound system is enjoying his audio?
Sounds like it doesn't seem 'undersized' anymore; but you're right, chest-thumping bass is not what the system was designed for, as discussed dozens of times.

As a fanboy who uses tidal myself, even I knew something was off. Validation achieved!

(that said, it does sound worlds better with tidal/lossless than SXM, though the sonic tide has definitely risen across all sources)

My best guess would be the active equalization settings were adjusted since you can't download a larger subwoofer (despite what those early 2000s anti-piracy ads may have implied), not unlike how we all adjusted the EQ ourselves. I do notice that on louder bass passages the subwoofer now hits its excursion limits and bottoms out, perhaps something they wanted to avoid with the initial settings, so (again, speculating) it seems like that would be one of the overall limitations/weaknesses. No matter, I'm just happy I can join the rest of you musically-contented owners in having this resolved, and focus my energy where it makes a difference - complaining about Android Auto.

As a fanboy who uses tidal myself, even I knew something was off. Validation achieved!

(that said, it does sound worlds better with tidal/lossless than SXM, though the sonic tide has definitely risen across all sources)
I'm a fanboy too, no question. This latest UX update actually now gives me more confidence in them that they're listening and fixing things. Before O wasn't sure they had the bandwidth/money/software wherewithal to quickly improve.

Back