Back up camera autozoom

pyle112

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid touring
Referral Code
M7633PFL
Apologies if this has been addressed- has anyone been able to disable the autozoom when backing up- I didn't see what purpose it serves except to frustrate me when backing up and forcing me to keep my finger on the zoom out button to make sure I can see the full back up area. If love to understand the purpose of this "feature"

Apologies if this has been addressed- has anyone been able to disable the autozoom when backing up- I didn't see what purpose it serves except to frustrate me when backing up and forcing me to keep my finger on the zoom out button to make sure I can see the full back up area. If love to understand the purpose of this "feature"
It only zooms in automatically when it is trying to show you an obstacle; for example, if someone walks behind the car, or if you are backing into a cone.

Where does this happen?

It only zooms in automatically when it is trying to show you an obstacle; for example, if someone walks behind the car, or if you are backing into a cone.

Where does this happen?
You are correct on that it zooms in when something is behind you, but it's not helpful since it zooms into the same zone each time, and specifically on my vehicle, that spot is closer to the roadway and cuts away the top third of the view. It's a frustrating "feature" in nyc where there's always something behind you. The red flashing and tone should be enough- the zoom becomes an inadvertent obstruction.

You are correct on that it zooms in when something is behind you, but it's not helpful since it zooms into the same zone each time, and specifically on my vehicle, that spot is closer to the roadway and cuts away the top third of the view. It's a frustrating "feature" in nyc where there's always something behind you. The red flashing and tone should be enough- the zoom becomes an inadvertent obstruction.
I'd love it if it were an option. :) Send a note to CS about it!

I'd love it if it were an option. :) Send a note to CS about it!
I did. They said they forwarded to the appropriate teams. Do we get credit if a fix/feature is implemented?

I did. They said they forwarded to the appropriate teams. Do we get credit if a fix/feature is implemented?
They’ll name it the Pyle driver, and if provided, your photo will pop up every time this feature is engaged. I’m kidding :)

Yup, you get to experience life with the fix/feature implemented. :)

Back