Back from the PPF Shop

zkhan2

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
After taking delivery on June 29th, the car went straight to the PPF shop. Complete car PPF. All XPEL including window tint.

Side_Shot.png

Side_View.png

Front_Outside.png

Angle_Outside.png

Angle_Left_Outside.png

Looking good! What tint % did you go for? I'm taking mine in for tinting on Thursday and debating the options. Still 50/50 on whether to get the windshield done.

Love it. Congrats. Getting mine back tomorrow from PPF but didn't do any tint. Now maybe regretting it after seeing your pictures. lol

Looking good! What tint % did you go for? I'm taking mine in for tinting on Thursday and debating the options. Still 50/50 on whether to get the windshield done.
I followed Virginia law:

Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 50% of light in.
Back Side Windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

I did not tint the windshield.

@zkhan2 Did you get 10mil or 8mil? I have 10mil on my car now, but in the future, I think I'll do STEK...it's already coated!

What’s the average cost for coating? I’m still debating if putting any film on paint. Already did window tinting and it looks nice.

Attachments

• CF9CB678-8DB7-406C-AA0A-01D0C3F508AE.jpeg
    CF9CB678-8DB7-406C-AA0A-01D0C3F508AE.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 189
What’s the average cost for coating? I’m still debating if putting any film on paint. Already did window tinting and it looks nice.
full front - 1500-2000
full car - 7000-9000

Entire car for me plus the window tint - all using Xpel was $9K.

Did you tint the glass roof? If yes, Since you didn't tint the windshield, where did you stop?
No, my PPF guy recommended that I do not do that.

No, my PPF guy recommended that I do not do that.
FWIW, my guy also recommended against that. The logic was that the tinting actually puts more heat via reflection over the top of the glass, and he had seen too many times (on other cars) where it shattered the glass.

Is tinting allowed on the windshield in California?
It's illegal in Georgia (except for the dumb strip across the top). But if you call around to the independent installers you can find one that will do it. I do a basically clear ceramic for heat and glare purposes and it's amazing. You'd never know it was tinted, either.

I think a windshield tint of 70+ is basically undetectable if you’re concerned about law enforcement. I did 50 on my windshield which is noticeable and then 20 everywhere else.

Back