AT only wants to drive in Reverse when engaged in Drive

EVtogo

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I had an incident today and want to see if anyone else has experienced this. I was in my driveway about to pull out (I had parked with the trunk facing a pillar in my driveway). I put the car in Drive and pressed the accelerator. The car started moving backwards. I checked that I was in Drive again and same result. In getting in the car, the mobile key did not open the doors as they usually do, so I had to use the key card. Once I was in, it recognized me as the user. I let the car sit for 30 mins while I ran the errand I needed to do and tried again. Same result. By this point, the 4+ feet to the pillar had become 20 inches. So I called customer service. They sent the tow truck. The tow truck driver tried the same thing, and it also drove in reverse. Then he tried a second time and was able to drive forward. Feeling pretty stupid at this point and I was going to cancel the service appointment but he convinced me that I should let the service center check it out and make sure everything is ok. He also told me that he had towed another Lucid with this problem. Has anyone on the Forum heard about this or experienced it?

I had an incident today and want to see if anyone else has experienced this. I was in my driveway about to pull out (I had parked with the trunk facing a pillar in my driveway). I put the car in Drive and pressed the accelerator. The car started moving backwards. I checked that I was in Drive again and same result. In getting in the car, the mobile key did not open the doors as they usually do, so I had to use the key card. Once I was in, it recognized me as the user. I let the car sit for 30 mins while I ran the errand I needed to do and tried again. Same result. By this point, the 4+ feet to the pillar had become 20 inches. So I called customer service. They sent the tow truck. The tow truck driver tried the same thing, and it also drove in reverse. Then he tried a second time and was able to drive forward. Feeling pretty stupid at this point and I was going to cancel the service appointment but he convinced me that I should let the service center check it out and make sure everything is ok. He also told me that he had towed another Lucid with this problem. Has anyone on the Forum heard about this or experienced it?
Were you parked on a slope. People have reported this when their car was parked on a slope.

I have parked in the same spot before, but in the opposite direction. So the incident occurred with car at an up incline. I have not had an issue in the exact same spot but car at a down incline. The "incline" is remarkably slight...

I have parked in the same spot before, but in the opposite direction. So the incident occurred with car at an up incline. I have not had an issue in the exact same spot but car at a down incline. The "incline" is remarkably slight...
It has been a while now, but there used to be a problem with the car going the wrong way when parked on an incline. There were some OTA updates to address this and it has not been reported for a while now. Please let us know what service tells you about it.

About a year ago I had the problem - car parked on upward slope tried to reverse and car would only go forward. Reported to CS and a key card reset fixed the issue, which never returned.

Mine will still “slip” forward when first put in reverse if the car is parked facing downhill. It reminds me of driving a clutch. Hold mode, when enabled, should be active immediately when the car is started and placed in gear.

I have had the same problem and reported it back in July. I was able to duplicate it by putting a garbage can in front of the car on a downslope. This triggers a warning. This confirmed that it is related to the sensors. I also found that it seems to occur when the sensor is activated and the drivers door then opened and then closed. At the time, I thought it was fixed, but it has happened several times in the last couple of months.

It is very unnerving when it happens. Lucid service was very concerned and responded to me quickly. I did give them the info to recreate it, but clearly it is not fixed.

Mine will still “slip” forward when first put in reverse if the car is parked on facing downhill. It reminds me of driving a clutch. Hold mode, when enabled, should be active immediately when the car is started and placed in gear.
Bobby, if I’m understanding your scenario correctly, if you goose the accelerator your car would still move in reverse as intended. It’s more a case of hold mode not engaging if you don’t goose the go pedal.

Bobby, if I’m understanding your scenario correctly, if you goose the accelerator your car would still move in reverse as intended. It’s more a case of hold mode not engaging if you don’t goose the go pedal.
I will try that.

Back