Asking for Payment ?

cplewes

I am a little confused about when people are actually paying for their cars. I have read several folks say they will decide whether to take it or not when it actually shows up at their house. I would assume they are not paying for it weeks before that. On the other extreme I heard that people were asked to pay for it when the scanner read the vin leaving the factory. I heard also that Lucid may want you to pay when it is produced but give you an out if you don't take it. It would seem wrong to have to pay for it before it is delivered into your possession. Whose insurance covers it when it is in transit if you have paid for it?
Can anyone help me understand this part of the process? Are there options? What actually happens and when?

So there are multiple factors the main one being whether or not you pick it up at a delivery center or you get a home delivery.

Another factor is the state where it's being delivered. Someone mentioned that in California you can take a cashiers check and pay for the car in the spot.

I picked up on a Saturday and only signed my loan docs Thursday night and sent my wire out Thursday afternoon. I just showed Lucid proof of both and that was good enough.

If you are picking up in studio, you can inspect the car before signing to take delivery. You can always refuse it at that time and then will get a refund.

If you are taking home delivery, then it's technically your car once it leaves the delivery center on the car transport and you would need to have made payment by then.

If you are taking home delivery, Lucid does get insurance on the car while in transit Based on what I have been told.

I am a little confused about when people are actually paying for their cars. I have read several folks say they will decide whether to take it or not when it actually shows up at their house. I would assume they are not paying for it weeks before that. On the other extreme I heard that people were asked to pay for it when the scanner read the vin leaving the factory. I heard also that Lucid may want you to pay when it is produced but give you an out if you don't take it. It would seem wrong to have to pay for it before it is delivered into your possession. Whose insurance covers it when it is in transit if you have paid for it?
Can anyone help me understand this part of the process? Are there options? What actually happens and when?
I received an invitation to pay along with purchase agreement. They want the agreement signed in 2 days but DA agreed with me no payment at least until car is on a truck.

They would not ship my car until payment was in hand

If you are taking home delivery, Lucid does get insurance on the car while in transit Based on what I have been told.
but you would the have to take if something happened on the way?

I'm being asked to pay for the car that they say is in production and will be delivered "soon" in CA. Does this sound reasonable are other hearing the same?

Wait until you have a VIN and they have shipped the car to pay. Given the number of cars being produced, it will probably be a minimum of a week before they can set up an appointment to pick up the car after it ships. Some DAs seem to ask for payment with no clear info on when the car will exit production. Some GT buyers have had a bad experience paying under that circumstance. Don’t know when the car will be finished, how long the wait is to ship to your service center, how long before pdi is done.

I am getting home delivery in NY. I was told that I had to pay for the car once it arrived for PDI then they would make the final arrangements for delivery.

My bank would not allow wires for car loans so they sent a cashiers check overnight to them. In order for the loan to be finalized I had to activate my insurance on the car (bank rule).

Going back to the VIN - insurance and the bank needed the VIN to proceed and I didn’t make any steps on those until I had the VIN.

Back