Anyone with Power or Tech Package look into Mini-Fridges?

Smorgasbord

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Sep 30, 2025
Messages
507
Reaction score
555
Location
Silicon Valley adjacent
Cars
Gravity GT
Referral Code
CA8VVCF7
Thinking about getting a small (very small) fridge to keep sandwiches and drinks cold for long road trips.

Anyone look into this and choose one?
 
Whatever you do don’t get one of those Peltier cooler powered devices. Might as well just keep the air conditioner on full blast. Lol.

Haven’t seen this implemented but I always wanted one for my back seat like the Rolls Royce in the Air. Maybe @Denali_Dane can hook me up with one.

Could also be a Humidor for a few cigars… the ideas keep coming…
 
I have been thinking of getting an electric cooler, which can refrigerate or freeze, to transport ice cream, etc. as the store is about 40 miles from where I live. These are low energy compared to a mini-fridge, but thought I would bring to your attention in case this type of product would work for your purposes. This one is really quiet, but doesn’t have wheels, which is the reason I am hesitating, but has a lot of reviews and highly rated at Amazon. There are smaller ones as well. I use a normal chest cooler now and am not super happy with it.

BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator, 53QT(50L) IPX4 Waterproof Electric Cooler, 31dB Ultra-Quiet Car Fridge APP Control with 12/24V DC 110-240V AC, -4℉~68℉, Portable for Truck RV Camping, Travel​

 
I have been thinking of getting an electric cooler, which can refrigerate or freeze, to transport ice cream, etc. as the store is about 40 miles from where I live. These are low energy compared to a mini-fridge, but thought I would bring to your attention in case this type of product would work for your purposes. This one is really quiet, but doesn’t have wheels, which is the reason I am hesitating, but has a lot of reviews and highly rated at Amazon. There are smaller ones as well. I use a normal chest cooler now and am not super happy with it.

BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator, 53QT(50L) IPX4 Waterproof Electric Cooler, 31dB Ultra-Quiet Car Fridge APP Control with 12/24V DC 110-240V AC, -4℉~68℉, Portable for Truck RV Camping, Travel​

40 miles for ice cream?? Must be damn good ice cream 😂
 
I have been thinking of getting an electric cooler, which can refrigerate or freeze, to transport ice cream, etc. as the store is about 40 miles from where I live. These are low energy compared to a mini-fridge, but thought I would bring to your attention in case this type of product would work for your purposes. This one is really quiet, but doesn’t have wheels, which is the reason I am hesitating, but has a lot of reviews and highly rated at Amazon. There are smaller ones as well. I use a normal chest cooler now and am not super happy with it.

BODEGACOOLER 12 Volt Car Refrigerator, 53QT(50L) IPX4 Waterproof Electric Cooler, 31dB Ultra-Quiet Car Fridge APP Control with 12/24V DC 110-240V AC, -4℉~68℉, Portable for Truck RV Camping, Travel​

Maybe they're better today, but in the past such things did not keep up with even an AC cooled vehicle environment, much less a vehicle sitting outside on a hot summer day. And since I already have 3 110 volt, 15 amp outlets, might as well make use of them.
 
We have this one: BougeRV It works well, even with its own battery. The DC refrigeration units changed everything. We have use it on hot summer days out at the park or after a long bike ride. It even worked well to keep our Italian water ice nice and cold after a long bike day of cycling. Everyone enjoyed that.
 
These are neat because they’re battery powered and cool down super fast, so you can leave it plugged in to charge the battery whenever you drive. Plus, it works as a cooler too, and the bigger ones are 2 zone.

 
I bought the cheapest one with decent reviews on Amazon. Works great -- however as I posted elsewhere, you have to make sure to enable "Keep On" on the plugs *every time you park the vehicle*. This makes any place that requires valet parking pretty much untenable.
 
I bought the cheapest one with decent reviews on Amazon. Works great -- however as I posted elsewhere, you have to make sure to enable "Keep On" on the plugs *every time you park the vehicle*. This makes any place that requires valet parking pretty much untenable.
That’s why I like the ones with a battery
 
The Keep On feature should be settable to:
• Until next start
• Until I turn it off

Plus, it should be able to be controlled from the mobile app.
Agreed
 
Here's some pictures. This position is the furthest aft it can be positioned for the lid to open fully. Otherwise it hits the rear frame. Also a pic showing distance to the trough.
PXL_20260130_195916061.webpPXL_20260130_195933119.webpPXL_20260130_195947072.webpPXL_20260130_200018894.webp
 
Got my Dometic CFX5 25L today. It's kind of a beast, built like a tank.
Turned it on on my workbench, and it's pretty quiet, but not silent. Got to the 38º level pretty quick. I'll test with my fridge thermo tomorrow.
 
Haven't done more than test the Dometic CFX5 25L, but saw that Travoca makes some coolers that seem pretty decent, for less money AND is dual-zone:


With coupon "2026TRAVOCASPIN20" that's $520. Still expensive, but less than the equivalently sized Dometic. They both make larger sizes, too.

Anyway, it's another option to check out. Travoca is a new company, fresh off a Kickstarter campaign, so that may factor in, too.
 
Back
Top