Anyone replace 19” all-season with summer only?

translux

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
Touring
Referral Code
SNAGMSEE
The stock 19” all season tires kill the performance for me. It my own fault as I know better- all-season tires are usually bad in all seasons. I’ve also never found a Perrelli tires I like anywhere as much as Michelins save for Pzero Corsa.

I had a chance to drive my colleagues Pure with 20” summer only Michelins Pilot Sport back to back and wow what a difference. Turn in is vastly improved, no more high speed wobbles and gone is the need to constantly correct for wander. I like the added sidewall rubber to combat the terrible Chicago roads and am wondering if anyone has tried 19” summer only tires.

If I could find some local 20” take offs I’d go for it. Supposedly Lucid chicago has tons but they can’t sell them for some reason. I know I could buy new OEM but @$5,500 I’d rather have some BBS and 4s or Rotiform for 1/2 the $

Side note: There’s definitely something special about the driving dynamics of the Pure. It feels like a very different car than the Touring. Makes me want a Sapphire even more.

Last edited:
Every 6 months or so...
1721584871035.webp

Back