Anyone know how to bias a parallel Auto Park?

OCDC

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
V60 Polestar, AGT
I use the Auto Park feature a lot to parallel park in in front of my house. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes it parks biased towards the car in front, and other times it's towards the car in back. Is there a way to tell the Lucid which end of the available space you want it to finish at? I've tried looking through the manual, but the "Parking Experience" section won't display for me.

I use the Auto Park feature a lot to parallel park in in front of my house. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes it parks biased towards the car in front, and other times it's towards the car in back. Is there a way to tell the Lucid which end of the available space you want it to finish at? I've tried looking through the manual, but the "Parking Experience" section won't display for me.
Presently there are no adjustments you can make relative to positioning.

Great feature request. I'd also like to bias how close it parks to the curb.
Oh no. Not more biasing. Did we not learn anything from HA lane biasing?

Can’t you just scooch it forward or backward a bit once it’s finished parking?
What?!? That's just crazy talk! 😉

In all seriousness, at the time I was thinking it would be a neat expansion of an already cool feature. They could add a UI element displaying a block representing your Lucid that you could slide back and forth within the expected parking space. It would default to being centered, but it could be adjusted, and the target position would be locked down once the brake pedal was released. That would let the driver account for features the sensors weren't picking up or whatever. It was just a curiosity I had back then. Since the 2.1.x updates, parallel auto parking has only worked a few times for me, and they have bigger things to deal with.

Back