Anyone Interested in a Lucid Weekend Taking The Cascade Loop in 2023?

DJL

Verified Owner
I am posting this to ask if anyone would be interested in taking our Lucids on The Cascade Loop when the better weather returns to our neck of the woods in 2023. If you are not familiar with this loop, it is basically the North Cascade Highway (Route 20) across the Cascades, then US 97 south and then US 2 back over the Cascades to the Puget Sound. It also includes a leg along Whidbey Island, taking the Mukilteo Ferry, if desired. The length is about 440 miles through some of the most scenic drives you could imagine ("winding your way through jagged mountain peaks, rocky spires, rushing waterfalls and alpine glaciers"). While I have not taken the complete loop, I am familiar with both highways 2 and 20 including Whidbey Island and can attest to its unique beauty. There are a number of charging stations along the way. With so many scenic opportunities and charming inns, it could be done over a weekend or over a week, depending on your desires.
If you are not familiar with it, just Google: The Cascade Loop.

I would love to do this!! I’ve gone up the 97 from Yakima where I live and have wanted to do the loop around for a while now. If you went counterclockwise, I could join you from Leavenworth or Wenatchee. There’s an EA DCFC in Wenatchee I believe but I don’t know if there are enough chargers as you go up and around the 97, between Mr Vernon and Chelan it looks like a dead zone on the Lucid Map

This is close enough where I may do the drive up.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Reactions: DJL
I would love to do this!! I’ve gone up the 97 from Yakima where I live and have wanted to do the loop around for a while now. If you went counterclockwise, I could join you from Leavenworth or Wenatchee. There’s an EA DCFC in Wenatchee I believe but I don’t know if there are enough chargers as you go up and around the 97, between Mr Vernon and Chelan it looks like a dead zone on the Lucid Map
Great! There is an EA charging station in Leavenworth and in Mt. Vernon, plus a number of the different lodges along the route offer EV charging as well as a number of other stores and public locations which offer level 2 charging. Here is a EV charging map dedicated to the Cascade Loop, just click HERE to see it. Plus, since the complete loop is only 440 miles or so. We should be able to average much better than 2.2 mi/kWh going over the various grades. I averaged better that and more going up the Rockies (up to 11,700 feet) last month. I believe this loop was just made for the Lucid!

Great! There is an EA charging station in Leavenworth and in Mt. Vernon, plus a number of the different lodges along the route offer EV charging as well as a number of other stores and public locations which offer level 2 charging. Here is a EV charging map dedicated to the Cascade Loop, just click HERE to see it. Plus, since the complete loop is only 440 miles or so. We should be able to average much better than 2.2 mi/kWh going over the various grades. I averaged better that and more going up the Rockies (up to 11,700 feet) last month. I believe this loop was just made for the Lucid!
I’m all in

Pls include me on your update list, although I have to come from "the other side of the water."

If I have received my AGT by the time you’re planning for. I’d love to join you!

I still waiting for my touring to arrive. I was told it was being transported here 2 months ago.

I still waiting for my touring to arrive. I was told it was being transported here 2 months ago.
That seems wrong @gtaker - I got my VIN 3/14 and the vehicle was here in Seattle by April 3 (I couldn’t pick it up until the 17th, though…). I think you need to talk to your DA or someone higher.

Still wanna do this in the fall? I just moved to Tacoma so we could start from here for those in Kitsap/Vancouver/PDX or from seattle

Just received your forum post via email. Thanks for reaching out. I have mostly been off the forum as I have become more and more intuned with my Lucid and the posts have become less on target to my interests. We were going to do the Cascades Loop trip this summer but the forest fires closed Route 20 and the road has only recently reopened. My wife and I decided to try the loop this coming week with my brother-in-law and his wife. While divorced from my wife's sister for many years now, he and his wife are still part of our family. I will post the results of our trip toward the end of this month, once we returned. We will mostly be spending the bulk of our time along the western and southern portions of the loop since the fires did not impact these portions but we will be returning to our home up in Blaine via Route 20. This month, our Lucid celebrates her 1st birthday and she now has over 16,000 miles on her. I still look for excuses to drive her every chance I get and each time I get out, there is still a big smile on my face.

I took delivery of my Pure AWD in July.
I have a house in the Methow Valley, have driven the Lucid twice over Highway 20 with extremely good luck during the openings between fires shifting.
In the 27 years I've been visiting the Methow, I've seen large parades of Corvettes, BMW's, Porsches crossing the Cascades, might be fun to join such a parade of Lucids (though competing for scarce charger slots makes this more challenging?)
Will follow this thread in case a plan emerges.

Back