Anyone in Silicon Valley with a Zenith Red version that I can take a look?

DJ@SJ

Cars
Grand Touring
Hi, is there any owner of the Zenith Red version in the South Bay Area who would let my wife and I take a look at the car? We just got the order confirmation email, and we really would like check out the color in person before making a decision.

We initially thought it would be the quantum grey option, but reading so much praise of the red color in this forum make us tempted to switch. When I asked Lauren today if Lucid has a red car in any of its showrooms, she did some research and said "Miami, FL."

Thanks.

Well, I've gotten the "will ship from the factory in the coming days" notification, so I expect to have one in a couple of weeks if not sooner. Happy to have you look at it then if you haven't found another by then.

Well, I've gotten the "will ship from the factory in the coming days" notification, so I expect to have one in a couple of weeks if not sooner. Happy to have you look at it then if you haven't found another by then.
Thanks.

I got that as well. Maybe our cars will be on the same truck!

Feel free to dm me if you want to drop by San Jose.

Many thanks to @borski for showing us his car yesterday. My wife shifted her preference from Quantum Grey to Zenith Red pretty much on the spot.

Funny thing is: we went for a test drive in Millbrae this afternoon, and I found 5 Zenith Red cars in the parking lot and 2 or 3 in the garage. :p In any case, seeing this exterior in a different lighting condition only reaffirmed my wife affinity for this color option.

I just confirmed the order. I am looking forward to formally joining this owners' club in a few months.

Cheers!

Many thanks to @borski for showing us his car yesterday. My wife shifted her preference from Quantum Grey to Zenith Red pretty much on the spot.

Funny thing is: we went for a test drive in Millbrae this afternoon, and I found 5 Zenith Red cars in the parking lot and 2 or 3 in the garage. :p In any case, seeing this exterior in a different lighting condition only reaffirmed my wife affinity for this color option.

I just confirmed the order. I am looking forward to formally joining this owners' club in a few months.

Cheers!
So how was your test drive?

So how was your test drive?
Some impressions in no particular order:

Pros
  • The driving part is good. We are more interested in comfort than performance per se. All in all, it's pretty positive.
  • Space in the back is enormous.
  • Sitting in the back with the glass canopy overhead produces an impressive experience. It's very airy without feeling any sense of glare from the sun.
  • We were rather conscious of the low profile of the car while seeing it for the first time in the Valley Fair Mall showroom. I remember being careful getting in and out of it, concerned for potentially hitting my head. It was after the test drive that both my wife and I realized that we didn't think about this issue at all. We got in and out in a completely natural way.
  • To my ears, music sounded great in the car. My wife didn't have much opinion about it.
Cons
  • Sliding phone into and out of the charging spot required an effort.
  • Turn signal stick feedback requires some getting used to. I like the very crisp clicks togging it in the Mercedes-Benz cars. The one in the Lucid Air, let's just say is different.

Cheers!

Happy to help!

Back