Anyone else doing high mileage on their Air?

I don't really have any questions. When I posted this 2 1/2 years ago, I was a new owner just looking to connect with others who drive a lot in an attempt to share best practices etc. I'm over 80k now and unfortunately experiencing my first significant issues with the car since the warranty expired about a year ago. My charge port door will not open and I'm 300 miles from home without enough charge to get home 🤬
Have you tried pulling the manual release cable?
 
I don't really have any questions. When I posted this 2 1/2 years ago, I was a new owner just looking to connect with others who drive a lot in an attempt to share best practices etc. I'm over 80k now and unfortunately experiencing my first significant issues with the car since the warranty expired about a year ago. My charge port door will not open and I'm 300 miles from home without enough charge to get home 🤬
There's instructions in the manual for manually opening the charge port door. Don't sue me if I'm wrong, but if I recall it's basically "pry one corner out enough to get leverage and then pull the door out and down"
 
Doesn't the manual release unlock the charging cable? I didn't think it opened the charging door, which should have been a manual flip door.
 
Have you tried pulling the manual release cable?
I think the manual release you are referring to is to release the charge cable when it won't release the normal way. And yes I tried to manually open the charge port door and that still will not work. I've started disassembling the charge port door in an attempt to be able to just charge enough to get home and then worry about the repairs later. But I've been unsuccessful so far because the mechanism that moves the charge port door up and down is blocking the cable from being plugged in
 
1000030449.webp
 
Looks like (judging from the notches) you tried to pry the rightside down. I'd try prying out (without any downward force) then down. Though I really have no idea.
 
Back
Top