Anybody talking about implications of software with Emad leaving?

iThinkEV

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Apr 24, 2025
Messages
197
Reaction score
410
Cars
Gravity, Tesla, Taycan
Gravity DE Number
63
Just curious what's going to happen to the software division? Was 3.6 Emad's last hurrah?

-iThinkEV-
 
It seems likely that it was his last hurrah. While I'm extremely disappointed to hear about his departure, I think it's unlikely that the software operation will grind to a halt. I'd hope that everyone at Lucid is now crystal clear that bad software could kill the company. While Emad doubtless provided important leadership over the ~6 months of him taking overall responsibility for software, he didn't do the work that led to 3.6 himself, and hopefully the new leadership continues to push things along. If they don't, then the new CEO should be fired by the board for gross incompetence.
 
He wasn’t a software guy so not worried at all. Lucid got the message that bad software will kill the company.
For a company that tried to copy the Tesla playbook, it is a bit head-scratching that that's the part they left out.
 
It seems likely that it was his last hurrah. While I'm extremely disappointed to hear about his departure, I think it's unlikely that the software operation will grind to a halt. I'd hope that everyone at Lucid is now crystal clear that bad software could kill the company. While Emad doubtless provided important leadership over the ~6 months of him taking overall responsibility for software, he didn't do the work that led to 3.6 himself, and hopefully the new leadership continues to push things along. If they don't, then the new CEO should be fired by the board for gross incompetence.

If anyone at the company has any doubt that software is absolutely 100% what will determine this company's future I would be surprised.

If Cosmos launches with anything less than perfect software, and FUNCTIONING KEY FOBS, this ship is going down and there will be no salvage. High volume Mid market buyers will not be as sympathetic to those quirks as those of us who have elected to be early adopter guinea pigs for the high performance luxury segment.

If a single early review comes out with key fob issues that will spread like wildfire and it will be strike 3 with zero chance of recovery.

I remain hopeful because I LOVE my Gravity and want desperately to keep driving Lucid for years to come.
 
Last edited:
It seems likely that it was his last hurrah. While I'm extremely disappointed to hear about his departure, I think it's unlikely that the software operation will grind to a halt. I'd hope that everyone at Lucid is now crystal clear that bad software could kill the company. While Emad doubtless provided important leadership over the ~6 months of him taking overall responsibility for software, he didn't do the work that led to 3.6 himself, and hopefully the new leadership continues to push things along. If they don't, then the new CEO should be fired by the board for gross incompetence.
Emad hired a VP of Software (Marc Solsona Palomar) at the end of March. I don't think software is slowing down.
 
And Marc seems to be a very knowledgeable person in the field from a quick glance at his LinkedIn profile. Still doesn't excuse Emad exodus though.
I’ve met him. He is indeed quite competent. :)

And a nice guy, to boot.
 
I don't worry about software nearly as much as I worry about the position they've put themselves in from a service perspective. If they can't even maintain the current installed base on a timely basis, what does that say about their ability (or intent) to ramp their infrastructure in time to support the demands a mainstream market vehicle?
 
I don't worry about software nearly as much as I worry about the position they've put themselves in from a service perspective. If they can't even maintain the current installed base on a timely basis, what does that say about their ability (or intent) to ramp their infrastructure in time to support the demands a mainstream market vehicle?
If the primary conversations in the forum slide from software to service, that is progress. I'm in a loaner Air right now, but drove 3.6.0 for a week and was a home run for me!
 
Emad hired a VP of Software (Marc Solsona Palomar) at the end of March. I don't think software is slowing down.
And after meeting and chatting a bit with Marc at EV Fest last weekend I'm even more optimistic about the software. He seemed very in tune with the software strengths and weaknesses as well as what owners are asking for. I'm pretty sure he trolls this forum and Reddit but just doesn't post. ;)
 
The product plan for the next several releases is likely already well defined, it's more about execution now. New leadership, if not Marc's gig, can get up to speed without having to immediately set direction.
 
I’ve met him. He is indeed quite competent. :)

And a nice guy, to boot.
Agreed. Really nice guy and knows his stuff.
 
Back
Top