Any way to adjust height for curbs

No unfortunately. I’ve experienced a couple of grinding incidents so tend to avoid the spaces that have the concrete stoppers. Lucid made sure to call out the scratch marks underneath also the last time it was at the Service Center. That’s one advantage if they stuck with the air suspension

Yeah, this is really the only benefit of an air suspension, imho. That said, the cameras and sensors do a fantastic job of warning you before you get on top of a curb that’s too high.

The EQS has air suspension and it works well.

Have you had issues?
I don’t like the way air suspensions ride, generally, and they don’t last as long.

It’s the trade off of adjustability vs handling/performance and durability.

Air bags are floatier, which is good if you want a Lexus “I’m riding on a cloud” feel, but bad if you want to actually feel the road respond to the car’s actions (and your inputs). Just not my cup of tea. YMMV, of course, though statistically coilovers do last longer, too.

For example, I hate the way the EQS handles, partially because of the suspension.

I don’t like the way air suspensions ride, generally, and they don’t last as long.

It’s the trade off of adjustability vs handling/performance and durability.

Air bags are floatier, which is good if you want a Lexus “I’m riding on a cloud” feel, but bad if you want to actually feel the road respond to the car’s actions (and your inputs). Just not my cup of tea. YMMV, of course, though statistically coilovers do last longer, too.

For example, I hate the way the EQS handles, partially because of the suspension.
The AMG EQS handles very well and the ride is adjustable from comfortable to firm. We have had other cars with air suspension and never had reliability issues.

The AMG EQS handles very well and the ride is adjustable from comfortable to firm. We have had other cars with air suspension and never had reliability issues.
Like I said, YMMV. Driving the EQS felt like a boat on a very calm lake to me, which isn’t what I want from my car’s handling. It’s obviously opinion, but I did not like it.

I’m glad you do, and I’m glad you have found airbags to be reliable! Statistically, they are less reliable, but I do hope you never run into any issues. :)

Like I said, YMMV. Driving the EQS felt like a boat on a very calm lake to me, which isn’t what I want from my car’s handling. It’s obviously opinion, but I did not like it.

I’m glad you do, and I’m glad you have found airbags to be reliable! Statistically, they are less reliable, but I do hope you never run into any issues. :)
The AMG EQS does handle better than the 450+ and the 580.

My 2018 Panamera Turbo had the air suspension. Never had a problem with it and the handling was superb. I sold it after 5 years to get my AGT, so don't know how long the reliability of the air suspension would have lasted, though I never had a problem while driving it, and it was useful to go over high curbs and steep driveways

The C8 Corvette, and other sports cars, have the ability to raise the front end without airbags.

My 2018 Panamera Turbo had the air suspension. Never had a problem with it and the handling was superb. I sold it after 5 years to get my AGT, so don't know how long the reliability of the air suspension would have lasted, though I never had a problem while driving it, and it was useful to go over high curbs and steep driveways
I also had the 2018 Panamera with the air suspension and I didn't have any problems either. However, on the Porsche Forum there were many instances of owners who did have problems with their air suspensions.

Even w/ cars equipped w/ lift, my problem has always been remembering to lift the car prior to the "dreaded sound". ugh! :oops:

Back