Any Other Ohio Owners (or Owners to be)?

Any Cleveland area owners yet? Have yet to see a Lucid in the wild here yet. Thanks!

Have any of you Ohio owners had to have a service call? I'm seriously considering placing an order for either a Lucid or BMW i7 (yes, I know there are some big differences between them) and the ability to have the car serviced is a big consideration. When you schedule the mobile van - what's the lead time? Do they come to the area on demand, or on some kind of rotation?

No faith that Lucid would open a service center in central Ohio anytime soon. Basically - I don't want it to become a nightmare to get problems fixed that aren't purely software.... in Columbus.
In case you haven’t already received a response….

Lucid Mobile Tech service came out within a couple of days of my calling re: a faulty key fob. The rep (Mike) is based out of Cleveland. I told him no rush, as the second fob was still working. He said he was going to be down my way on another service in Dayton that day, and wanted to swing by my place as well.

If not for having owned a Tesla, I would have been hesitant re: the mobile service. But 80% of my Tesla service since 2017 has been in my driveway. Don’t know what Lucid’s typical lead time would be. But if its anything like my experience with Tesla, my guess would be no more than a week (subject to parts availability).

The mobile service model is great. And Mike is great to work with.

We moved from the Kings area to Columbus about 7 years ago. Maybe we'll set you passing through (or schedule a meetup to compare notes).

We are supposed to take delivery tomorrow!

Congratulations! Hope delivery goes very smoothly (as well as your next 100,000 miles with the car).

If you ever see a black-with-Tahoe-interior Lucid Air GT, that could be me.

In case you haven’t already received a response….

Lucid Mobile Tech service came out within a couple of days of my calling re: a faulty key fob. The rep (Mike) is based out of Cleveland. I told him no rush, as the second fob was still working. He said he was going to be down my way on another service in Dayton that day, and wanted to swing by my place as well.

If not for having owned a Tesla, I would have been hesitant re: the mobile service. But 80% of my Tesla service since 2017 has been in my driveway. Don’t know what Lucid’s typical lead time would be. But if its anything like my experience with Tesla, my guess would be no more than a week (subject to parts availability).

The mobile service model is great. And Mike is great to work with.

This is really great to hear. I'm in Cleveland and have an early Touring reservation that I'm hoping to see delivery on in the next 6 months. I was wondering if the tech was going to have to travel from the Coldwater MI service center each time I had an issue but it's good to know they may have someone in Ohio.

We're passing through Cleveland tonight and tomorrow in our cross-country trip in our Lucid. Keep your eyes open and you might see a Zenith Red one...
Thanks - never saw you! Lol.

Glad the service tech is in Cle, as that will be in my area. Surprised no one in Cle owns a Lucid yet. However, they may just not be posting on the forum.

We moved from the Kings area to Columbus about 7 years ago. Maybe we'll set you passing through (or schedule a meetup to compare notes).

We are supposed to take delivery tomorrow!
I'm assuming you have your Lucid by now; your post was 9/26 saying delivery tomorrow. Did you pick it up in Chicago or home delivery? I'm weighing the delivery options now for a Nov delivery. Any insights/problems you had either way?

I'm assuming you have your Lucid by now; your post was 9/26 saying delivery tomorrow. Did you pick it up in Chicago or home delivery? I'm weighing the delivery options now for a Nov delivery. Any insights/problems you had either way?
Yes, indeed, home delivery happened on 9/27 - scheduled for 2PM and they showed up with the car at 10AM! They unloaded my GT, pulled it into the garage and the driver was off to NY with the 2nd car.

No issues with the delivery itself. I still have the ongoing issue that sometimes when I unlock and get into the car, the pilot panel is unresponsive and can take several rounds of getting out of the car, locking it, waiting, unlocking again to restore it to operation. Arrived with 1.2.20 pending and installed as the last step in the setup.

Was there anything specific about the delivery that you were curious about?

Yes, indeed, home delivery happened on 9/27 - scheduled for 2PM and they showed up with the car at 10AM! They unloaded my GT, pulled it into the garage and the driver was off to NY with the 2nd car.

No issues with the delivery itself. I still have the ongoing issue that sometimes when I unlock and get into the car, the pilot panel is unresponsive and can take several rounds of getting out of the car, locking it, waiting, unlocking again to restore it to operation. Arrived with 1.2.20 pending and installed as the last step in the setup.

Was there anything specific about the delivery that you were curious about?
Lucid is preferring I come to Chicago, and intimates that the delivery experience/orientation will be better, more thorough at the center. Did someone from Lucid go over everything with you at the home delivery? If you identified any issues during delivery, how did Lucid handle those issues?

The delivery person spent nearly two hours here answering questions, going over the car and getting things configured and setup. The Homelink setup was a bit problematic, but he stuck with it. The few things he didn't know the answer to, he hopped on his mobile and got an answer within minutes.

The funny thing is, they were cagey about giving me a delivery date and I told Lucid I would go to Chicago and pick the car up. They called me back in 2 hours and said they would deliver the car in 2 days. *Might* have had something to do with me not being able to go to Chicago and pick it up until October 1 (ie NOT in Q3). :)

Lucid is preferring I come to Chicago, and intimates that the delivery experience/orientation will be better, more thorough at the center. Did someone from Lucid go over everything with you at the home delivery? If you identified any issues during delivery, how did Lucid handle those issues?
@ken43 Have you picked up your car yet? How did it go?

Any Cleveland area owners yet? Have yet to see a Lucid in the wild here yet. Thanks!
Just drove by today, people were staring at me like an alien.

City Tower looked cool, but looks like under maintenance or renovations? Everything was closed. Disappointment

Reactions: DBV
@ken43 Have you picked up your car yet? How did it go?
Took delivery of my AGT on 12/8/22. Had to switch from white to silver and had fly to Chicago to pick it up to get delivery before the end of the year. I love the silver color; happy about the switch. Lucid paid for the plane and Lyft for me and spouse, and I had lots of time on the drive back to get familiar with the car.

Took delivery of my AGT on 12/8/22. Had to switch from white to silver and had fly to Chicago to pick it up to get delivery before the end of the year. I love the silver color; happy about the switch. Lucid paid for the plane and Lyft for me and spouse, and I had lots of time on the drive back to get familiar with the car.
Nice to see an Ohio owner! How do you like it so far?

Nice to see an Ohio owner! How do you like it so far?
I absolutely love the car. No problems so far, except for the volume button on the steering wheel was missing and I didn't notice it until driving home. Customer care is on it, ordering the new part and will stop by the house when it is in.

Back