Any Other Ohio Owners (or Owners to be)?

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
I just confirmed by order on a Grand Touring today and was curious if there are other Lucids around the state.

Spend half my time in Columbus, other half in Chicago.

I'm in the Columbus area. Powell. I'm in the earliest batch of confirmed GT orders but I ordered gray so I am still patiently awaiting my VIN#...

I'm in the Columbus area. Powell. I'm in the earliest batch of confirmed GT orders but I ordered gray so I am still patiently awaiting my VIN#...
I neglected to mention that I was in the Columbus area as well.

How long have you been waiting? And does the car color really make a difference in delivery time?

I neglected to mention that I was in the Columbus area as well.

How long have you been waiting? And does the car color really make a difference in delivery time?

Its a 100 mile drive one way but it would be nice to have a Lucid meet up at the Pappadeaux in Cincinnati sometime late summer.

Its a 100 mile drive one way but it would be nice to have a Lucid meet up at the Pappadeaux in Cincinnati sometime late summer.
100 miles? SMALL thing for a GT :) A meetup would be nice...

I moved to Columbus from Cincinnati so I am very familiar with that drive. My guess is that the GT will eat up the 70MPH sections of I-71...

I'm from NE Ohio and am coming up on confirmation date for my GT reservation. I'm still on the fence as to whether to proceed and am reading all the posts regarding software glitches and obvious missing capabilities. The things that I find most concerning are: 1) Inability to tie in Apple Carplay 2) Difficulty in using the homelink system (has this been resolved?) 3) Navigation system - no volume adjustment, cannot use Waze, weak functionality for trip planning 4) key FOB quickly losing power (has that been solved?) 5) Software glitches that require reboot to resolve (how often?) 6) Ability to park in a tight garage even if there is room (is there a workaround?) 7) Door handles jumping in and out (has that issue been fixed?) 8) Reports of cars that have gone into Turtle mode -- hopefully just a very few. I love the car design and the test drive was great. Does anyone know if any of the above issues have been resolved? The last thing I want is to spend $150 on a car and then be frustrated with it.

The only ones I heard were "common" are 1, 3, 4 and 6. Out of these 1 and 6, although nice, really aren't "requirements." Given these are most likely all software, there is room to fix them all.

I'm in Cleveland Ohio & placed a reservation for a Touring on 10/21 but it sounds like it will be end of 2022 or beginning of 2023 before these models are delivered. I'm fine to wait if it means working more bugs out of the software. I test drove a Lucid in Miami last month for a couple of hours and was really impressed.

My current car is a 2022 Tesla Model S which has a bouncy stiff ride and acts very quirky in the winter when the cameras/sensors get partially covered with salt/slush, so at this point I'm willing to look past some of the software glitches in the Lucid.

I'm in Cleveland Ohio & placed a reservation for a Touring on 10/21 but it sounds like it will be end of 2022 or beginning of 2023 before these models are delivered. I'm fine to wait if it means working more bugs out of the software. I test drove a Lucid in Miami last month for a couple of hours and was really impressed.

My current car is a 2022 Tesla Model S which has a bouncy stiff ride and acts very quirky in the winter when the cameras/sensors get partially covered with salt/slush, so at this point I'm willing to look past some of the software glitches in the Lucid.
I’m also in Cleveland, Ohio west side area and ordered a Lucid Pure in May, which will upgrade to a Touring.

Also, own a 2021 Tesla Model S refresh, which is my first EV and really enjoy it, except for the bouncy stiff ride that you mentioned above. One thing about the Tesla I like over the Lucid is the trunk seems so much bigger and also like the placement of the wireless chargers.

If Lucid takes too long to deliver the Touring, I will just cancel and keep my Model S.

Speaking of NE Ohio, anyone in a white Lucid going northbound on I-65 today?

Have any of you Ohio owners had to have a service call? I'm seriously considering placing an order for either a Lucid or BMW i7 (yes, I know there are some big differences between them) and the ability to have the car serviced is a big consideration. When you schedule the mobile van - what's the lead time? Do they come to the area on demand, or on some kind of rotation?

No faith that Lucid would open a service center in central Ohio anytime soon. Basically - I don't want it to become a nightmare to get problems fixed that aren't purely software.... in Columbus.

Have any of you Ohio owners had to have a service call? I'm seriously considering placing an order for either a Lucid or BMW i7 (yes, I know there are some big differences between them) and the ability to have the car serviced is a big consideration. When you schedule the mobile van - what's the lead time? Do they come to the area on demand, or on some kind of rotation?

No faith that Lucid would open a service center in central Ohio anytime soon. Basically - I don't want it to become a nightmare to get problems fixed that aren't purely software.... in Columbus.
Hard to say Mattpl -- I don't think anyone in Ohio has taken delivery of a Lucid yet, though some should be getting close (he said, hopefully).....

I just confirmed by order on a Grand Touring today and was curious if there are other Lucids around the state.
Owner to be--GT, White, Mojave, 19" in Beavercreek OH (southwest OH). When I confirmed in Jul, my SA said there would be a 'satellite service center' in OH once there are Lucids here. He described it as a van that is located in the state (rather than dispatched from Chicago), but don't hold me to that description

Owner to be--GT, White, Mojave, 19" in Beavercreek OH (southwest OH). When I confirmed in Jul, my SA said there would be a 'satellite service center' in OH once there are Lucids here. He described it as a van that is located in the state (rather than dispatched from Chicago), but don't hold me to that description
Makes a lot of sense to have a service center here - puts them within a few hundred miles of like 50% of population of the US.
Seems to be pretty active EV adoption here as well - as I commented elsewhere, I have seen multiple Rivians and even a few Polestars (and countless me-to Teslas) around Columbus but not a single Ohio delivery of a Lucid (that I am aware of).

I've only seen a white one heading north on I-65. Other than that California. Goose Island doesn't count, LOL.

Back