Android Mobile App 2.12.0 - Is Anyone Else Having Problems?

Buffalo Bob

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
2,558
Location
Arizona & Washington
Cars
Pure AWD 19"/ Lexus SC
2023 Air Pure AWD - Pixel 9 Phone - Up until this update, the Lucid app has worked pretty well for me. Not so since the 2.12.0 update, despite me deleting my Bluetooth connections, re-pairing the app, re-pairing the phone, and then performing a logo reset. I have also tried using the app remotely with the car's wi-fi turned on and off.

The app tends to freeze in odd ways. First, it will not even let me attempt to wake it remotely. It is just frozen. However, if I hold down the app icon, go to app info, and do a 'force stop', it will let me wake it, and will behave for at least a while.

To give you an idea of what else is going on... The attached screenshot shows the app after I drove the car three times for a total of around 60 miles. It still thinks it's on the road, and the stats are stuck at where they were when I started out on the first trip.

At times, the app will look like it's awake when it is not. For instance, I will hit the door unlock, the app will ask me to confirm that I want to do that, but when I say 'yes' the unlock fails. Even if I get the app to work for a few minutes, it will never let me send a destination to the nav system.

Once I get close to the car, the app does wake on its own, and auto-open and auto-close works fine... even when it thinks it driving down the road. That's a relief!

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Meanwhile... Please, @marqie! Would you make sure that the app development team knows that at least some people are having such issues?
 

Attachments

  • 33250.webp
    33250.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 145
I know you wrote this with regard to the Android app, but I'm seeing very similar behavior with the latest iOS app that I downloaded last week - can't wake remotely at all. Stats stuck from previous times. Sometimes it says it is awake only to not respond to commands like turning on the climate control (and then shows another wakeup cycle even though it had said it was awake). Interesting if happening across both app platforms.
 
I know you wrote this with regard to the Android app, but I'm seeing very similar behavior with the latest iOS app that I downloaded last week - can't wake remotely at all. Stats stuck from previous times. Sometimes it says it is awake only to not respond to commands like turning on the climate control (and then shows another wakeup cycle even though it had said it was awake). Interesting if happening across both app platforms.

Interesting that it's cross-platform. I'll put up with this for another week or so, but if no bug-fix ensues, I'll figure out a way to go back to the prior version. Hard to believe that these types of problems got through quality control.

BTW, I did report this through the S/W feedback email address. You may want to chime in, as I did not know it was also an iOS problem.
 
I know you wrote this with regard to the Android app, but I'm seeing very similar behavior with the latest iOS app that I downloaded last week - can't wake remotely at all. Stats stuck from previous times. Sometimes it says it is awake only to not respond to commands like turning on the climate control (and then shows another wakeup cycle even though it had said it was awake). Interesting if happening across both app platforms.
I bet this is an issue with a third party provider. I've noticed huge changes just on me traveling. The car wakes up faster when I'm 1000 miles away from it than when I'm right next to it. All I can figure is the LTE or some third party vendor is different when I'm in different locations. At my house it sucks, takes forever to connect. In Seattle, far away from my house like 509 miles, it connects almost instantly.
 
I bet this is an issue with a third party provider. I've noticed huge changes just on me traveling. The car wakes up faster when I'm 1000 miles away from it than when I'm right next to it. All I can figure is the LTE or some third party vendor is different when I'm in different locations. At my house it sucks, takes forever to connect. In Seattle, far away from my house like 509 miles, it connects almost instantly.
That has been my experience as well. I know this is a topic that has been discussed a long time on this forum, and I don't think anyone truly understands why this. happens. Your explanation seems plausible for sure. The one unfortunate change with the recent app update for me is that it never connects at home (as opposed to taking a few minutes) and it now takes minutes to do it away from home (as opposed to a few seconds previously).
 
That has been my experience as well. I know this is a topic that has been discussed a long time on this forum, and I don't think anyone truly understands why this. happens. Your explanation seems plausible for sure. The one unfortunate change with the recent app update for me is that it never connects at home (as opposed to taking a few minutes) and it now takes minutes to do it away from home (as opposed to a few seconds previously).
My SiriusXM quit working today too which is dependent on their network. Something is up.
 
A bit of a diagnostic update... Turns out that the app still does not like to wake the car remotely if have my car's wi-fi turned on. (FWIW, it's a condominium, and the car is on a different network than my home.) So with the car's wi-fi turned off, and after a 'force stop', I am now able to wake the car remotely.

Also a sigh of relief this morning when I charged my car at EA. The 'Lucid Charging Service Disabled' nonsense continues from the prior version(s), and while the 'Select Station' option has always fixed it, I was afraid that the app would not activate enough to let me do so. Fortunately, there was no problem. The only other noteworthy thing is that the app quickly freezes again, so watch out if you leave the car and monitor your charging via the app. The SOC will stop updating, and I imagine it would also not let you know if charging failed for some reason.

Until this app freeze problem is solved, I would wager that you can't rely on a 'Shock/Tilt' alert either.
 
I know you wrote this with regard to the Android app, but I'm seeing very similar behavior with the latest iOS app that I downloaded last week - can't wake remotely at all. Stats stuck from previous times. Sometimes it says it is awake only to not respond to commands like turning on the climate control (and then shows another wakeup cycle even though it had said it was awake). Interesting if happening across both app platforms.
Yeah, me too... glad to not be alone... hope they fix....
 
A bit of a diagnostic update... Turns out that the app still does not like to wake the car remotely if have my car's wi-fi turned on. (FWIW, it's a condominium, and the car is on a different network than my home.) So with the car's wi-fi turned off, and after a 'force stop', I am now able to wake the car remotely.

Also a sigh of relief this morning when I charged my car at EA. The 'Lucid Charging Service Disabled' nonsense continues from the prior version(s), and while the 'Select Station' option has always fixed it, I was afraid that the app would not activate enough to let me do so. Fortunately, there was no problem. The only other noteworthy thing is that the app quickly freezes again, so watch out if you leave the car and monitor your charging via the app. The SOC will stop updating, and I imagine it would also not let you know if charging failed for some reason.

Until this app freeze problem is solved, I would wager that you can't rely on a 'Shock/Tilt' alert either.
Yup...same issues here
 
Getting the same symptoms here. I get one interaction with the app and then it needs to be forced closed and restarted to work at all. Quite annoying.
 
Getting the same symptoms here. I get one interaction with the app and then it needs to be forced closed and restarted to work at all. Quite annoying.
Same.
.now I don't even try and open the app...I shut it down before trying to open...the other day it froze showing me 90% full battery but when I went inside the car it was closer to 33% cos my charger failed to charge ....if I were going on a long trip I'd be furious...they need to fix this ASAP before someone gets hurt..!
 
I hate to say it, but I wonder how effective it is if only one or two people report problems like this to the S/W feedback email address. If you are having these problems, and have not already, please consider sending in a summary of your issues. Also, when I reported mine, I thought it was only an Android issue. They need to know that it's an iOS issue too.
 
Pixel 10
App. Ver. 2.12.0

Noticed phone won't "connect" to car to open or check SOC / reset charge limit last few days.
Even driver's door handle push wasn't working = had to get key fob (always works).
Thought it might be too cold = temps in single digits F for weeks now. Below zero last few nights.
Just had car in for service: they replaced 12v batteries under warranty. Had not had any issues before this.

Keeping an eye on this thread and paying attention to "quirks" with the mobile phone now.
 
I hate to say it, but I wonder how effective it is if only one or two people report problems like this to the S/W feedback email address. If you are having these problems, and have not already, please consider sending in a summary of your issues. Also, when I reported mine, I thought it was only an Android issue. They need to know that it's an iOS issue too.
Good idea, and thanks for bringing it to my attention. I wrote a fairly detailed note to [email protected] with the info they suggested (VIN, software versions, time of incident and description). If you're getting frustrated like I am, please do the same!
 
one of the reasons I got a Lucid was because of how the company actually seem to listen or care about their customers..but it's frustrating to see that seems to have disappeared in the past few months :(. Stuff like this where you need to force close the app every time to get it to work are simple things that used to work and now crickets after an update broke the way the app works.
 
It appears the Android app is working fine today. I'm not going experiencing the app showing my Air in sleep mode and the location is accurate. Something changed overnight.
 
It appears the Android app is working fine today. I'm not going experiencing the app showing my Air in sleep mode and the location is accurate. Something changed overnight.

I just checked the Google Play Store, and it still showing 01/13/26 as the last update.
 
It appears the Android app is working fine today. I'm not going experiencing the app showing my Air in sleep mode and the location is accurate. Something changed overnight.
I just checked the Google Play Store, and it still showing 01/13/26 as the last update.

The interesting thing is that, despite that app showing as not updated, you're right! I am also able to wake the app without first having to do a 'force stop'. Interesting that it would change without a corresponding change to either the app or the vehicle. Let's hope it lasts!
 
Back
Top