Android Automotive Coming to Future Hyundai Group Vehicles

Sounds like they're planning to use the GAS app suite as well, including Google Assistant for voice, and Google Maps for nav.

That would be an improvement over their current system, definitely (I don't have ccNC, I have the previous Gen5W)

How does this connect to Lucid?
Lucid also uses AAOS. It's interesting to see the different UX that AAOS can take on from different car manufacturers. Porsche's UX for AAOS, for example, was designed to closely resemble their legacy UX, as was GM's. Volvo's is closer to what you'd see on a cell phone. Polestar's is a mix between the two. Lucid's current UX IMO was designed for beauty at a slight expense to functionality, and will change in its next iteration.

This post is in the "General Automotive / EV Talk" section and does not need to be a comment on Lucid's cars.

Lucid also uses AAOS. It's interesting to see the different UX that AAOS can take on from different car manufacturers. Porsche's UX for AAOS, for example, was designed to closely resemble their legacy UX, as was GM's. Volvo's is closer to what you'd see on a cell phone. Polestar's is a mix between the two. Lucid's current UX IMO was designed for beauty at a slight expense to functionality, and will change in its next iteration.

This post is in the "General Automotive / EV Talk" section and does not need to be a comment on Lucid's cars.
I wonder if CarPlay/AA is not part of AAOS, or the issue is Lucid having an unconventional display setup (CarPlay coming later, AA still in development)

GM chose to disable CP/AA in their EVs, but the Honda and Acura based on Ultium with the same AAOS setup got both enabled from day 1

I wonder if CarPlay/AA is not part of AAOS, or the issue is Lucid having an unconventional display setup (CarPlay coming later, AA still in development)

GM chose to disable CP/AA in their EVs, but the Honda and Acura based on Ultium with the same AAOS setup got both enabled from day 1
CarPlay and AA are both applications written separately from AAOS (the underlying infotainment operating system). They run on top of AAOS. I imagine that Google provides reference implementations of CarPlay and Android Auto for automakers to customize and implement, but don't know.

Volvo doesn't implement AA, as it is largely superfluous since their cars implement a app store, etc. Sister company Polestar has chosen to implement both AA and Carplay- they "don't want to be dogmatic about it" according to their ex-CEO.

Volvo doesn't implement AA, as it is largely superfluous since their cars implement a app store, etc. Sister company Polestar has chosen to implement both AA and Carplay- they "don't want to be dogmatic about it" according to their ex-CEO.
Volvo also chose to ape Tesla's minimalism in the EX30. Would have been on my shortlist (it's a crossover, sigh, but I like the other two dimensions apart from height) but no dash and no HUD 😐

Volvo also chose to ape Tesla's minimalism in the EX30. Would have been on my shortlist (it's a crossover, sigh, but I like the other two dimensions apart from height) but no dash and no HUD 😐
There are a lot of "almost right" new EVs coming soon

Back