Android Auto Thursday

Carlinkit 4.0. It's beautiful but... unusable. The cockpit panel menu sits on top of it so you can't ever access the upper left window touch menu of AA. The unit uses all of the display unlike the current CarPlay fit window. The unit doesn't allow you to reduce the fit window to actually make it usable. So, unfortunately do not buy the 4.0. Others have shown that Carlinkit 13 AI box allows you to reduce the AA fit window so that's the better option. All this shows, what it can be...

Carlinkit 4.0. It's beautiful but... unusable. The cockpit panel menu sits on top of it so you can't ever access the upper left window touch menu of AA. The unit uses all of the display unlike the current CarPlay fit window. The unit doesn't allow you to reduce the fit window to actually make it usable. So, unfortunately do not buy the 4.0. Others have shown that Carlinkit 13 AI box allows you to reduce the AA fit window so that's the better option. All this shows, what it can be...
#dreAAm

Contact support they do help .......

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” ― David G. Allen
Sounds more like a fortune cookie. :)

I was going to ask how your Carlinkit expands to all of the screen because its beautiful...but now I see there's a reason my CarlinKit doesn't expand to full size.

I do wish it can expands to the right corner area because its alot of wasted space.

Installed the Carlinkit today, thank you everyone here, who advised on it. Finally, I can use Waze!A tiny Waze, but nonetheless.

A question though- is it possible to have Spotify buttons on the screen, as I do have in my Mercedeses? Or have split Waze screen with nav and music controls? If yes - how? Couldn't do it.

Installed the Carlinkit today, thank you everyone here, who advised on it. Finally, I can use Waze!A tiny Waze, but nonetheless.

A question though- is it possible to have Spotify buttons on the screen, as I do have in my Mercedeses? Or have split Waze screen with nav and music controls? If yes - how? Couldn't do it.
Change display settings (launcher settings ) You have two launcher choices. I believe it's launcher 2 that gives you split screen.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!

Just remembered that "Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” - Mary Pierce

My Carlink is wonky with the connection. 60+% of the time when it starts it does not connect, it says password incorrect. When connected if I make a call the person on the other end says there is an echo. I can't seem to be connected to the car and the carlink at the same time. I think it is because I have bluetooth auto connect to both carlink and the car turned on. ideas?

My Carlink is wonky with the connection. 60+% of the time when it starts it does not connect, it says password incorrect. When connected if I make a call the person on the other end says there is an echo. I can't seem to be connected to the car and the carlink at the same time. I think it is because I have bluetooth auto connect to both carlink and the car turned on. ideas?
I stopped connecting my phone to the carlink. What I've done is stick a data only sim into the carlink device and make it a stand alone device. My phone now solely connects to the car rather than the carlink. It all works great now.

1000011626.jpg

Change display settings (launcher settings ) You have two launcher choices. I believe it's launcher 2 that gives you split screen.
Thank you, had the launcher 2 set already. It opens in a split screen, but if I click on the Waze icon or tap the screen it goes to a single screen and I can't figure out the way back to split. Any ideas?

Carlinkit works fine, but now the car doesn't see and connect to the phone. It did the first day, but no longer. No Settings were changed.

- No phone or Spotify
- If I manually force connect to the phone, Carlinkit disconnects and CarPlay button appears. Once I hit that, Carlinkit stars, the phone disconnects.
- No Bluetooth connection was ever set up or shows between the phone and the Carlinkit
- Looked throughout the settings in both the car and the Carlinkit - can't see anything wrong

Any idea what is wrong here? Did anyone have this problem and solved it?

Unfortunately if you play with a lot of the settings you wind up messing things up the best thing to do is to do a factory reset on the hub and start from square One also as far as linking is concerned one of the most important things is make sure the car is fully booted and of course your phone unlocked anything in fact you're stuck on the main screen and it hasn't hooked up to your phone for Android auto you can always press the button and press the little rocket ship which will clear all background processes and start the whole routine over again

Unfortunately if you play with a lot of the settings you wind up messing things up the best thing to do is to do a factory reset on the hub and start from square One also as far as linking is concerned one of the most important things is make sure the car is fully booted and of course your phone unlocked anything in fact you're stuck on the main screen and it hasn't hooked up to your phone for Android auto you can always press the button and press the little rocket ship which will clear all background processes and start the whole routine over again
Thank you, trying to do the reset. Do you have a reset password by any chance - there is nothing in the manual or in FAQ in Support section of their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-10 115416.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-10 115416.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 34
Back