Android Auto Thursday

Now for the really dumb question. Is it plugged into the USB A port or the USB C port in the center console?

BTW the owners manual says I should have 2 USB C ports in the center console but I have one and a USB A which I am using for the radar detector
Interesting. The manual does now indeed say that. It used to say 1 USB-A and 1 USB-C. I wonder if newer cars are shipping now with two USB-Cs?

Thank you. Guess I'm stuck waiting then
You can get a usbc to usba adapter
Interesting. The manual does now indeed say that. It used to say 1 USB-A and 1 USB-C. I wonder if newer cars are shipping now with two USB-Cs?
It would be better, USBC has substantially higher power delivery capabilities

I also wasn't sure if both ports actually connect to the car vs being charge only ports. That's primarily why I was asking

I also wasn't sure if both ports actually connect to the car vs being charge only ports. That's primarily why I was asking
They do carry data, as evidenced by the ability to plug a USB stick in.

I bought this one :

It can act as a standalone box, had a sim card slot for that purpose. But it can also wirelessly connect to your phone (Android or iPhone) and bridge it into the car's Car play connection.
It ends up resulting in normal Android showing up on the screen but if you click the 'Autokit' app, it will start up Android Auto.
I've mostly been using projection since I'm not comfortable logging into the box with my normal Gmail account

Quick update / mini review:
So far I've been impressed with the connection strength and the little box staying quite cool. My BMW has wireless AA and I previously had a dongle to allow wireless in my previous car and in places both would drop the connection, this device has kept the connection up. That being said, while it's impressive how fast it starts up, I've had to unplug it about 5-10% of the time to get the CarPlay button to come on in the Lucid and maybe 15-20% of the time I have to manually tell my phone to connect to it.

For me, it's been worth it to get AA and waze, etc.. on the car.

Quick update / mini review:
So far I've been impressed with the connection strength and the little box staying quite cool. My BMW has wireless AA and I previously had a dongle to allow wireless in my previous car and in places both would drop the connection, this device has kept the connection up. That being said, while it's impressive how fast it starts up, I've had to unplug it about 5-10% of the time to get the CarPlay button to come on in the Lucid and maybe 15-20% of the time I have to manually tell my phone to connect to it.

For me, it's been worth it to get AA and waze, etc.. on the car.

Thank you for your feedbacks.....Purchased.

The price is pretty good ($169 out the door) with $20 discount til end of August. I like it has the latest Android 13 vs the other devices are Android 11/12.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!!

Just remember that "The most useful form of patience is persistence. Patience implies waiting for things to improve on their own. Persistence implies keeping your head down and continuing to work when things take longer than you expect." – James Clear

...The website used to mention AA as an upcoming feature and now only references Apple Car Play with the AA references seem to have been removed.
Interesting, good catch.

Quick sanity check...are we sure Android Auto is actually still coming?

The website used to mention AA as an upcoming feature and now only references Apple Car Play with the AA references seem to have been removed.
Is it worth an email to CS to check?

Does this mean I won't be able to say "Hey Google. Hey Google!!" Until my car navigation understands me?
Available now on all Polestar and Volvo cars, along with native Google Maps.

The website used to mention AA as an upcoming feature and now only references Apple Car Play with the AA references seem to have been removed.

Update from Customer Service:
1693490845864.png

... so that dual screen support can be offered ? ? ? 🤔 wishful thinking(before I get asked to elaborate)..

i'll be very disappointed if they decide to not support AA.

Back