An Adventure Comes To An End

DJL

Verified Owner
My wife and I have always looked at life as a series of adventures. Some good, some bad, some exciting, some…not so much. Well, our adventure with the Lucid Motors’ ordering process came to an end yesterday. After 163 days, I was able to pick up our car at the Seattle Service Center. This adventure was certainly an up and down roller coaster ride. At times we were flying high on the excitement of ordering a luxury technological marvel that is absolutely beautiful. These highs included watching various reviews rant and rave on YouTube and in the press, reading the various positive posts on this forum, seeing the car in person at the Denver Studio and test driving it at the Seattle Studio. However, each high was followed by a low as we crashed and burned when each of the Lucid issues came tumbling out as being reported in this forum and the press. I not only refer to the fit and trim issues or the various software issues, the braking and bricking issues or the tax rebate issue, but also the production hell issues, the firing and replacing of a number of executives, and the depression which sets in watching all of the Bears Workshop videos showing no cars being delivered for many weeks. Sigh! This was compounded by Lucid Motors’ dogma of not making any comments addressing these issues, keeping their customer base totally in the dark. Apparently, their management listens to the lawyers and are keeping their mouths shut. Not the way I would do it but it is their company….
Throughout this adventure, I must say that the communications with my corporate DA, Jessie, and my Seattle DA, Joshua, have been outstanding. Each always returned phone calls and emails promptly and were informative, friendly and downright excited when good news was shared. Case in point, in reviewing the email strings I had with Jessie, I counted 23 times she emailed me…Wow! And most of those emails were her just reaching out to me. When Joshua called the other day to schedule my delivery, he was as excited as I was. How great is that!
Anyway, as this adventure comes to an end, a new adventure rushes to take its place. Our AGT is chomping at the bit, anxious to take us to new places and experiences. Hopefully, most of them will be great!
By the way, I will be posting my experience with my Lucid and any insights I discover, in the future. Plus, I will post photos of the car, and its wheels soon.

Back