altitude matters

Obviously. Look up right now. See me?
Omg wtf theres a guy outside

1718139986003.png

But also.. has there been any study to measure the impact made by this? I can't imagine it would be that huge of a difference in "normal" driving (in hilly places), but who knows!

That's great feedback. I'm planning my first trip (for this weekend) in the hopes that the car will be here by then. There are zero fast charging options in the town we're staying or nearby area, so I'm spec'd out some options along the interstate before we enter the area. Thankfully, there are two stations (EA and EV Go) roughly 80 miles from where we'll be staying, so I can arrive in the area having charged to 100% minus those 80 miles, giving me plenty to get there and drive around locally during the weekend, then 80 miles back to that DCFC before heading home. There are plenty of Level 2's in the area in a pinch, but that would be a poor start to the road trip experience if we have to rely on them.

I'm being conservative because I have no confidence in predicting a specific kw/h for my driving style with the specific car (touring, 20") yet. I'll certainly be watching it as we head out, though to start building a data set for various driving conditions, speeds, weather and styles.
Just be sure to have sufficient familiarity with the car before going into the great beyond. It took me several weeks to really develop trust and confidence. Our first trip was within days of delivery and we did have a few ‘moments’ where our own ignorance got in the way. EV experience does come with time.

Story time. They tested the original F117 stealth fighter by flying it behind another decoy aircraft, telling everyone involved in the test that midway through the overflight, they would switch on their magic device and the aircraft should disappear from the radar scope.

Well, the plane flew over....they counted down to the 'big moment', threw the switch....and nothing happened. "Sorry, sir, looks like your magic box didn't work," chuckled the guy at the radar scope. "Yeah, bummer," said the aircraft team.

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW....flying not too far behind that decoy aircraft was the F-117. It never showed up on the radar at all. If it had, the radar would've shown 2 planes.

THAT is how you run a test of a secret project where the third party testers (who you need) have no idea what they're testing, and whether it even worked. Genius.

For an amazing read, check out Skunk Works by Ben Rich, it's PACKED with stories like that, and many others.

Story time. They tested the original F117 stealth fighter by flying it behind another decoy aircraft, telling everyone involved in the test that midway through the overflight, they would switch on their magic device and the aircraft should disappear from the radar scope.

Well, the plane flew over....they counted down to the 'big moment', threw the switch....and nothing happened. "Sorry, sir, looks like your magic box didn't work," chuckled the guy at the radar scope. "Yeah, bummer," said the aircraft team.

LITTLE DID THEY KNOW....flying not too far behind that decoy aircraft was the F-117. It never showed up on the radar at all. If it had, the radar would've shown 2 planes.

THAT is how you run a test of a secret project where the third party testers (who you need) have no idea what they're testing, and whether it even worked. Genius.

For an amazing read, check out Skunk Works by Ben Rich, it's PACKED with stories like that, and many others.
I LOVED reading that book. I mean, someone in Audible read it to me like I was a child. Nonetheless, incredible info and insight spanning years. Sooooo cool. It was like when I was younger and the History Channel played, you know, HISTORY stuff that I couldn’t get enough of.

So essentially you are saying you are wonder woman? Makes a lot of sense now...

Back