ALL TEXAS OWNERS (or future owners) please post on this thread

I am from Houston/Sugar Land got VIN hoping to get Car soon Red 21inch
I might have seen you earlier today around the Town Center area...around 6pm...it wasdaroutside...but I think I saw a red lucid

If that quote is just for labor and wiring..thats a little high…I had an electrician do my Tesla Wall unit for $800 wiring and labor installed ( This was about 2 years ago 😊..I am sure the cost of wiring as increased) Then recently another $170 to re route the existing wiring to the accommodate my new Wallbox unit on the garage front wall…So a total of $970…All on a 60 amp circuit.
View attachment 9288
I got my charger installed earlier today....I returned the $1200 Lucid home charger...and went with a Chargepoint Hole Flex charger instead...electrician had to run about 25' of metal conduit and charged me $820. Overall pretty happy and the Chargepoint charger came online without a single hitch. Looking forward to getting the car now!

Planning my initial trip to Dallas and back...maybe even same day..but before I do that...getting Tints and PPF first...

I got my charger installed earlier today....I returned the $1200 Lucid home charger...and went with a Chargepoint Hole Flex charger instead...electrician had to run about 25' of metal conduit and charged me $820. Overall pretty happy and the Chargepoint charger came online without a single hitch. Looking forward to getting the car now!

Planning my initial trip to Dallas and back...maybe even same day..but before I do that...getting Tints and PPF first...
Paid about the same for mine as well to get installed. Every now and then, I have to reset the breaker as it turns off. I have a total capacity of 150amps in my panel and the Chargepoint is set on 60amp breaker (50amp to the car).

Paid about the same for mine as well to get installed. Every now and then, I have to reset the breaker as it turns off. I have a total capacity of 150amps in my panel and the Chargepoint is set on 60amp breaker (50amp to the car).
I have it on a 60Amp breaker also...you shouldn't have to flip the breaker every now and then...maybe try a different unit?

Question about the Houston service center deliveries....from the time your car arrived at the Houston service center...till you picked up ...how much time was ther ein between? I.e. how long did your PDI typically take?

Question about the Houston service center deliveries....from the time your car arrived at the Houston service center...till you picked up ...how much time was ther ein between? I.e. how long did your PDI typically take?
The Houston SC was able to turn my AT finishing the PDI and make ready in 2 days. They arranged to transport the car to the Plano Studio the next day, so about three days from confirmation it arrived in Houston. Not sure if there might have been another day on the front end in Houston prior to completing PDI....

The Houston SC was able to turn my AT finishing the PDI and make ready in 2 days. They arranged to transport the car to the Plano Studio the next day, so about three days from confirmation it arrived in Houston. Not sure if there might have been another day on the front end in Houston prior to completing PDI....
Thank you ... My advisor confirmed that the car is at the Houston center, but they told me not to expect it this weekend...so maybe the 3 day timeframe is getting pushed out to more like 5 to 7 days... They seem to be really busy... The waiting continues...

Mine was 2~3 days. I couldn’t wait few more days for delivery and just went to process transaction ASAP and drove off from Service Center. Back then in mid April last year, I only saw 8 cars. Later November of last year, I saw their showroom and parking lots were all full and very busy.

Mine was also 2-3 days out of Houston and then shipped to Austin. That was early November.

Thanks for the inputs everyone.. I've fully paid the car off as of last week.. and am told that I'm on their high priority list to deliver...we shall see... agreed that they seem to be fairly busy.. given that Houston sc serves most of Texas and surrounding states, they're bound to get busy..The wait is so hard! Haha.

Thanks for the inputs everyone.. I've fully paid the car off as of last week.. and am told that I'm on their high priority list to deliver...we shall see... agreed that they seem to be fairly busy.. given that Houston sc serves most of Texas and surrounding states, they're bound to get busy..The wait is so hard! Haha.
Do they promise to send you a lyft or Uber to pick you up on the pickup date?

Do they promise to send you a lyft or Uber to pick you up on the pickup date?
Yes.. I asked about such provisions being made and they replied they will be happy to order me an Uber or Lyft.

My car arrived at the service center on the 10th which was a Friday and I took delivery on the 14th …So 3 business days 😊…And they will offer to you up using Lyft.
My DA told me my car is ready to ship out from Arizona, and let me know when it lands to Houston.
Does Lucid expect us to pay right away, or can I pay when it is here at Houston Service Center?

After PPF I picked up my car today thanks to John Grey (Gulf Coast Auto Shield Houston ) and his team for the nice job.
I handed my car over to John today.. ppf and 45% tints.. can't wait till Monday 5pm now..

Texas Owners, Has anyone tried ordering a toll EZ Pass and realized that of the vehicle manufacturers listed, Lucid isn't there.. so how did you register for your Toll tag??

Recommend to use TX Tag, which has smaller tag and don't have to pay extra $25 fee
Order from here
I've always used TX Tag. You'll need your TX license plate number before you order though...

Back