All-season tire recommendations for 20" wheels?

captg44

Verified Owner
Cars
Tori f
DE Number
I want to replace my summer tires for all season.

Michelin makes a 20” Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tire compatible with Lucid Air in staggered set front (20x8.5) and rear (20x9.5).
How is the ride or am I asking too much!?

How is the ride or am I asking too much!?
I have 6k on my set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season and find them to provide a great ride. I picked up my Lucid in NH and drove to FL so I got the All Seasons. I wonder if the original Summer tires would be any quieter, but I find the Lucid in general to have a lot less road noise than other cars I've had.

I have 6k on my set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season and find them to provide a great ride. I picked up my Lucid in NH and drove to FL so I got the All Seasons. I wonder if the original Summer tires would be any quieter, but I find the Lucid in general to have a lot less road noise than other cars I've had.
I put all season Michelins on the day I got the car but kept the original tires too. I just had the OEM summer tires put back on and I think they may be a bit quieter, but my wife says she can't tell a difference.

Is there any range difference using all season vs summer times at 20” wheels?
Yes, there is a material difference and an audible difference between the two.

After I took delivery for my Lucid Air Pure AWD with OEM 20” Michelin Pilot Sport EV summer tires on Aero Lite wheels, I purchased 20” Michelin Pilot Sport All Season tires and mounted them on aftermarket custom aluminum alloy wheel.

You get .5/32” more tread depth on MPS AS tires versus MPS EV summer tires. Further, MPS EV summer tires come equipped with a sound deadening foam core attached inside the tire whereas MPS AS tire (as of the moment) does not have sound deadening foam inner core.

I could actually discern an audible difference between the two, but I was not bothered by it. The trade off was more than acceptable inasmuch as I did not want to have to change between the two types of tires from one season to the next considering that MPS EV summer tires do not perform optimally when the outside temperature is at or below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.

Thank you for the details. That was really helpful . How much range did you lose changing tires from original EV summer to All Season? (I mean both total range and efficiency( miles/kwh)

Thank you for the details. That was really helpful . How much range did you lose changing tires from original EV summer to All Season? (I mean both total range and efficiency( miles/kwh)
None in my experience, although Michelin states that MPS EV summer tire rubber compound can add up to 10% additional range. In my opinion, any real difference between the two types of tires would be attributable to tire size (e.g. 20” vs. 19” tires) not necessarily to tire type. I could be wrong, but the difference between the two in my view is negligible.

Michelin Pilot Sport EV Summer Tire Acoustic Technology. A custom designed polyurethane foam solution muffles noise resonance which allows the drivers and passengers to benefit fully from hands-free communication devices while lessening driver fatigue on long drives. Acoustic technology even dampens interior noise when driving on changing road conditions.
benefit 4

That's odd, from what I remember reading, summer tires actually had reduced range compared to all-seasons due to being stickier. Could be the summer EV vs. all season non-EV.

Back