Air Transition to UX3, to be or not to be!

My experience with my AGT starting in Oct 2022 has presented some challenges but Lucid Motor Company has represented my best interest and has delivered on its explicit and implied promises. My confidence has remained steadfast and Lucid has validated it. I had CCCv2 installed shortly after its announcement with mobile service. Having owned other exceptional vehicles this is the only one in addition to its exceptional dynamic and other attributes that has delivered improvements regularly, obviating the need to buy the next model iteration. That business model is not what other manufacturers have adopted and is noteworthy. I look forward to further refinements and in the meantime enjoy my AGT more than any other car that I have owned.
 
I'm on the fence about needing/wanting 3.0. By extension, that means I'm also on the fence about paying $$$ for the new chip. I'll probably wait and see how it goes for the Guinea pigs who pull the trigger on 3.0 and blaze yet another trail
 
I'm on the fence about needing/wanting 3.0. By extension, that means I'm also on the fence about paying $$$ for the new chip. I'll probably wait and see how it goes for the Guinea pigs who pull the trigger on 3.0 and blaze yet another trail
I am fine with upgrading the in-car computer IF it improves driving dynamics and especially safety. I am less interested if improvement is infotainment only.

The grey zone here is Lucid will move their UX support on the Air to UX3 and minimal support on UX2. The other unknown is how Lucid characterize a feature, such as door lock/unlock. Lucid has treated things like door lock as a convenience feature, not as safety.

That miscalibration is my angst about upgrading to CCCV2 or not.
 
I am fine with upgrading the in-car computer IF it improves driving dynamics and especially safety. I am less interested if improvement is infotainment only.

The grey zone here is Lucid will move their UX support on the Air to UX3 and minimal support on UX2. The other unknown is how Lucid characterize a feature, such as door lock/unlock. Lucid has treated things like door lock as a convenience feature, not as safety.

That miscalibration is my angst about upgrading to CCCV2 or not.
You're spending way too much mental energy working on this one. If you're not sure, simply wait and see what happens when 3.0 is released.
 
You're spending way too much mental energy working on this one. If you're not sure, simply wait and see what happens when 3.0 is released.
Agreed. That's why I'm good taking a backseat on the move. Gonna see how it goes before making a decision on the chip and UX.

But, and this really doesn't apply to me because of my mileage, how will Lucid handle warranty claims for those people in warranty that don't get the chip or don't upgrade to 3.0? There's a few instances I've read about here where Lucid has told people not upgrading the software voids the warranty, right?
 
Agreed. That's why I'm good taking a backseat on the move. Gonna see how it goes before making a decision on the chip and UX.

But, and this really doesn't apply to me because of my mileage, how will Lucid handle warranty claims for those people in warranty that don't get the chip or don't upgrade to 3.0? There's a few instances I've read about here where Lucid has told people not upgrading the software voids the warranty, right?
I believe the wording is 30 days after it’s been offered to you. So staying with cccv1 should be ok as long as no updates are offered to you.
 
I believe the wording is 30 days after it’s been offered to you. So staying with cccv1 should be ok as long as no updates are offered to you.
That is correct. Regardless of which chip you’re running on, you have 30 days to install any updates or your warranty may be voided at Lucid’s sole discretion. But there is no requirement to upgrade chips.
 
Agreed. That's why I'm good taking a backseat on the move. Gonna see how it goes before making a decision on the chip and UX.

But, and this really doesn't apply to me because of my mileage, how will Lucid handle warranty claims for those people in warranty that don't get the chip or don't upgrade to 3.0? There's a few instances I've read about here where Lucid has told people not upgrading the software voids the warranty, right?
They can’t force you to get the upgraded chip to keep your warranty. So long as you continue to install whatever big fix updates for the v1 chip, your warranty will be fine.
 
Hello, @marqie. Would you please clarify your statement above? Nick Twork announced a few months ago that the CCCv2 would be made available in the Referral Store, just as it is in the $$$ Store. Months later, your statement here could be interpreted multiple ways... 1) That it is still expected to happen, but it's a question of when... or (and I suppose it's more likely) that... 2) That Nick Twork was wrong in ever saying it was going to happen, or that the powers that be subsequently changed their mind about it, and it is no longer planned at all, but may be some day.

I really don't care what the answer is. It's just that some people (perhaps only fools like me), have chosen to believe that what Nick said is still correct, and are waiting to finally have a place to use some of our referral points. Tell me that it's not just a matter of timing, and I will go ahead and do the upgrade.

Also, if it is now off the table, I think it would be wise for Nick to formally announce the change... at least on the same platform(s) where he announced it in the first place.
Hi, @Buffalo Bob. We know there is keen interest in having the CCCv2 upgrade available in the rewards store. There is not a timeframe for rollout at this time. I will be sure to let you and the other forum members know when there is something to share.
 
Hi, @Buffalo Bob. We know there is keen interest in having the CCCv2 upgrade available in the rewards store. There is not a timeframe for rollout at this time. I will be sure to let you and the other forum members know when there is something to share.
Thanks. I think I understand. I'm taking the 'not a timeframe for rollout at this time' part of your answer to indicate that it's going to happen. You just don't know when.
 
Thanks. I think I understand. I'm taking the 'not a timeframe for rollout at this time' part of your answer to indicate that it's going to happen. You just don't know when.
I take it as “I am not part of the level of management that makes this decision, so I am not going to commit either direction but since I work for the company I want to be nice about the answer.”

Perhaps the way to hear that. You know what they say about assumption. ;)
 
I take it as “I am not part of the level of management that makes this decision, so I am not going to commit either direction but since I work for the company I want to be nice about the answer.”

Perhaps the way to hear that. You know what they say about assumption. ;)

I get that, but I tried to make it clear that I would rather know a no than not know a no. I think we can all handle a firm. "No. Maybe someday, but don't hold your breath."
 
I get that, but I tried to make it clear that I would rather know a no than not know a no. I think we can all handle a firm. "No. Maybe someday, but don't hold your breath."
I suspect part of the reason has to do with the service backlog right now. Appointments are running 1-2 months out and that basically gets you a spot in the queue. Depending on the service you could be waiting another month before getting your car back.

While offering the CCCv2 upgrade through the rewards store would be popular, it would also put a strain on service center resources which are really stretched thin right now. That problem may have not been anticipated by Nick when he made his initial statement. But things have definitely changed in the last few months.
 
I suspect part of the reason has to do with the service backlog right now. Appointments are running 1-2 months out and that basically gets you a spot in the queue. Depending on the service you could be waiting another month before getting your car back.

While offering the CCCv2 upgrade through the rewards store would be popular, it would also put a strain on service center resources which are really stretched thin right now. That problem may have not been anticipated by Nick when he made his initial statement. But things have definitely changed in the last few months.
More good points. Is there something inherently wrong with asking for a more definitive answer?
 
More good points. Is there something inherently wrong with asking for a more definitive answer?
Nope. Not unless you do it incessantly, which you haven't.
 
More good points. Is there something inherently wrong with asking for a more definitive answer?
Perfectly reasonable given the expectation that was created.

I suspect we may be waiting a bit for clarity on a few things given the leadership transition and what the company is navigating through at the moment. That can be frustrating for owners but not entirely unexpected given what’s transpiring. I’m grateful that folks like Margie are still engaged even if we don’t always like what we’re hearing at any given moment.
 
With the hardware upgrade, you get something faster and more responsive no matter what comes in the future. Rebooting used to take forever. So did switching profiles. And many things were sluggish. This was priced more like a phone upgrade. For less than 1% of the price of the car, I thought it was a good deal. People pay thousands more for a car that accelerates a bit faster. This gives me speed where it actually counts.

With Tesla, I did a similar upgrade, primarily because Tesla screwed up and it was getting close to failure, but that's another story. It cost several times as much. As for ADAS, theirs wasn't designed for that either, but switching did allow me to see things that the old display/computer wouldn't support. So even if it's not for ADAS, it doesn't rule out additional ADAS related graphics.
 
I just got the upgrade and for my experience, it makes the UI of the car actually usable. Prior to the update switching audio sources and moving around on the map was a pretty terrible experience. It actually works as it should now.
 
I just got the upgrade and for my experience, it makes the UI of the car actually usable. Prior to the update switching audio sources and moving around on the map was a pretty terrible experience. It actually works as it should now.
It seems slow when you first get a car with the original one. You might get used to a lot of it over time, but some things such as changing profiles or rebooting aren't something you get used to. Even if you are used to it, the responsiveness feels like an improvement. For some people, day to day use might not cross the line into terrible. It might be less of an issue for a car with only one driver for instance.
 
It seems slow when you first get a car with the original one. You might get used to a lot of it over time, but some things such as changing profiles or rebooting aren't something you get used to. Even if you are used to it, the responsiveness feels like an improvement. For some people, day to day use might not cross the line into terrible. It might be less of an issue for a car with only one driver for instance.
Yeah, and a lot of people literally almost never use the software. Some don’t even use nav, because they know their streets; these people are usually older, too. :p

Some must have 120Hz refresh rate and some people literally could not tell the difference between that and 60Hz.

Everyone’s different in that way, I’ve come to accept.
 
Back
Top