Air Touring versus Air GT

Yeah, I realize it's not quite equivalent, but BMW at least is forthcoming with production schedules. My order was supposed to arrive after June, as I missed the initial iX orders, but a predictable July ain't bad for an October order. I still prefer the Lucid though.

Except for the big ass grill on the front, the interior and the rest of the BMW IX is a very nice looking car.

The grill is also still too large on the i-4 as well, but that car is for my wife and she insists that she does not want any car much larger than her Audi S4. Besides Tesla(which I will not get for quality concerns), there is not much choice for a smaller electric sedan for her to choose from. If she likes it great. If not we will keep it for 2-3 years until more choices present themselves.

For what it's worth, I spoke with my BMW dealer today. I reserved a BMW iX at the beginning of October and have a production slot at the end of March/beginning of April, so anticipate delivery by June or July. I'm still debating that vs. a Lucid Air GT.
I’m surprised you received a production slot today. I was under the assumption that the order sheets for the I4 & iX weren’t out until Thursday.

Except for the big ass grill on the front, the interior and the rest of the BMW IX is a very nice looking car.

The grill is also still too large on the i-4 as well, but that car is for my wife and she insists that she does not want any car much larger than her Audi S4. Besides Tesla(which I will not get for quality concerns), there is not much choice for a smaller electric sedan for her to choose from. If she likes it great. If not we will keep it for 2-3 years until more choices present themselves.
The front grill is definitely the weak point of the car, but I agree, the rest of the car as well as the interior is very nicely executed. I can also get the light oyster interior I prefer that’s not available in the Pure. I went for the fully loaded 40 variant based on the better range. I don’t need the additional power of the 50 series nor did I want to take the range hit. I’d already be taking a 100 mile range hit in going from a Pure to the I4.

I haven’t given up on the Pure, but my hopes are dwindling.

Back