Air Touring range, 425mi instead of 406mi?

HRoussel

Cars
Tesla M3P
Hello,

From what I understand, the Air Touring has 18 battery modules instead of 22 as in the DE and GT.

Since the GT can do 520mi, a simple rule of 3 would yield 425mi of range (520/22*18).

Any reasons why the Touring should be so inefficient? Especially considering it's lighter and has less HP than the GT.

Thanks.

Hello,

From what I understand, the Air Touring has 18 battery modules instead of 22 as in the DE and GT.

Since the GT can do 520mi, a simple rule of 3 would yield 425mi of range (520/22*18).

Any reasons why the Touring should be so inefficient? Especially considering it's lighter and has less HP than the GT.

Thanks.
For the same reason that the GT has less range than the Dream Edition, the available battery capacity is limited by software. The good side of that is the battery should also last longer.

For the same reason that the GT has less range than the Dream Edition, the available battery capacity is limited by software. The good side of that is the battery should also last longer.
Foe the Dreams they are actually using different batteries and that's why there is a difference between GT and DE

Foe the Dreams they are actually using different batteries and that's why there is a difference between GT and DE
I have had two different people from Lucid tell me that the batteries in the Early GTs are the same as the DE. They follwed that with the caveat that it may change but they were not sure when. Peter did also comment on the different battery chemistry in his educational video. The EPA filing shows the same capacity for the DE and GT batteries. LG Chem is building a battery facility in Queen Creek AZ to support local EV manufacturing. Hence, I am not sure if the batteries are the same or are different. In any case, it is easy to limit available battery capacity through software and that is likely to limit the range of the Touring trim.

I have had two different people from Lucid tell me that the batteries in the Early GTs are the same as the DE. They follwed that with the caveat that it may change but they were not sure when. Peter did also comment on the different battery chemistry in his educational video. The EPA filing shows the same capacity for the DE and GT batteries. LG Chem is building a battery facility in Queen Creek AZ to support local EV manufacturing. Hence, I am not sure if the batteries are the same or are different. In any case, it is easy to limit available battery capacity through software and that is likely to limit the range of the Touring trim.
Ahh didn't know that, cool!

ICE cars have had this manipulation for years. You can buy a car in three different HP ranges with the exact engine. The only difference is that the CPU is coded to add or throttle down the HP.

I have had two different people from Lucid tell me that the batteries in the Early GTs are the same as the DE.
Makes sense - what are they going to do with the samsung batteries left over after finishing the DEs? I'm sure by the time I get mine, it will have LG

Makes sense - what are they going to do with the samsung batteries left over after finishing the DEs? I'm sure by the time I get mine, it will have LG
Well, we know of at least 1 car that needs a whole new pack!

They will sell the individual cells to charge the Hot Wheel Airs….

From my understanding, the Dream has 118kwh, the GT is 112kwh, and the touring and pure will feature a 88kwh battery.

Back