Air Pure reservations

Agreed. But for those who cannot wait, Fisker is more likely to come sooner. Hyundai and Mercedes can ramp up much faster and even Fisker has a good manufacturing partner with huge capacity. I would not be surprised if they can come out with a 7 seater faster than Lucid.
Yeah, don't get too excited about Fisker. They're now asking for $5000 non-refundable to secure their orders. With about a billion in cash on hand and no real guarantee that they will actually deliver on time I wouldn't be giving them any non-refundable money based on their history. It seems like a money grab to top up the bank account in order to get them through the headaches that will come with launching a new car.

Yeah, don't get too excited about Fisker. They're now asking for $5000 non-refundable to secure their orders. With about a billion in cash on hand and no real guarantee that they will actually deliver on time I wouldn't be giving them any non-refundable money based on their history. It seems like a money grab to top up the bank account in order to get them through the headaches that will come with launching a new car.
I "splurged" entire $250 deposit for Ocean Ultra and all but $25 is refundable.

You probably get your Pure confirmation earlier than mine. I think Lucid better move production line faster, so many new choices coming up in 2023.
Got the DEP in Dec 2021. Placed the order for a Pure March 2022. I agree with U. Lots of choices in 2023. Lucid needs to get a few Pure models on the wild by Q3 or start losing the sub $100k crowd.

5,000? seriously ? I put a $250 dollar deposit a few months ago. I owned an early Fisker Karma. Excellent chassis. A few major mechanical design flaws and the software done by college freshmen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 6.00.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 6.00.28 PM.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 94
5,000? seriously ? I put a $250 dollar deposit a few months ago. I owned an early Fisker Karma. Excellent chassis. A few major mechanical design flaws and the software done by college freshmen.
Yep. Same here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-19 5.04.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-19 5.04.10 PM.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 103
Applies only to Ocean One Launch Edition.

Applies only to Ocean One Launch Edition.

That is for Ocean One. In October, they plan to give an estimate of when you can expect. I agree that in this case, that is unreasonable but they do not seem to have production issues. Besides, in the current market, I bet you can sell the car for a premium if you don't like it. Just search on Craigslist for ANY EV. "

When will I receive my Fisker Ocean One?​

Production of the Fisker Ocean One begins In November 2022. Delivery date is dependent upon your pre-order date and location. Deliveries are staged pursuant to market region (please see FAQ re launch markets) and we expect deliveries in all markets to be completed by the end of September 2023. As we get closer to production, we will send you more information on delivery options and schedules, and more exciting information about your all-electric, zero-emissions future with the Fisker Ocean One." https://www.fiskerinc.com/faq

Unlike Lucid, Fisker may give reservation holders more visibility. https://fiskerati.com/fisker-ocean/when-your-fisker-ocean-will-ship/
"Fisker released new information about when your Fisker Ocean will be delivered. Starting October 31, 2022, the company will provide an estimated delivery window when your preferred Fisker Ocean model will ship. This will be helpful for all Fisker Ocean reservation holders."

"When Fisker ramps up production to full capacity in 2023, it conservatively plans to produce 5,000 Oceans a month. Fisker’s manufacturing partner has a state-of-the-art plant with super modern equipment. Fisker believes its partner Magna Steyr can get produce 7,500 Fisker Oceans per month in the second half of 2023, if they have the demand."

Didn’t the initial new Tesla Roadster “founder’s edition” reservation holders have to plop down the full price of the car? $250k? I thought I read that somewhere. And even now, they want $50k to reserve.

Meanwhile, no delivery schedule in sight five years later. Imagine how pissed folks on this forum would be if Lucid pulled that?

No massage option for Pure I can totally understand because that’s definitely a luxlux feature. But tbh, no ventilated is pretty stingy and disappointing for a 87k car, esp for a luxury brand.

No massage option for Pure I can totally understand because that’s definitely a luxlux feature. But tbh, no ventilated is pretty stingy and disappointing for a 87k car, esp for a luxury brand.
It's almost a must have for South Florida. I may have to buy a dream edition set from eBay.

I "splurged" entire $250 deposit for Ocean Ultra and all but $25 is refundable.

refundable only works if there is a pot of money to use for refunds. I don't believe that Fisker has put the deposits into escrow. Given its history...I would not put down a deposit without feeling that I may need to just walk away from it.

refundable only works if there is a pot of money to use for refunds. I don't believe that Fisker has put the deposits into escrow. Given its history...I would not put down a deposit without feeling that I may need to just walk away from it.
I haven’t bought a S Korean car in my life yet, but I would trust Kia and Hyundai more than Fisker just based in the track record.

I received the following reply from my SA about the heated seats and ventilated seats on Air Pure. I asked him for a detailed specs sheet, will update when I get a response.
Touring features ventilated & heated seats for the front seats, and heated on the rear seats.

Pure will only offer heated seats on front seats, no ventilation option is available.

Touring will also feature sunshades on the rear side and back windows.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I have a Pure on reserve, but also ordered an Ocean One. I think its a fantastic car, with a leading warranty, great build quality, value, and design. Seriously look into it. The warranty blows Lucid out of the water. 6 year, 60,000 miles comprehensive. 10 Year, 100,000 miles powertrain and battery, with 75% degradation, not 70%.

I also have another Ocean and 2 Pears reserved.

I received the following reply from my SA about the heated seats and ventilated seats on Air Pure. I asked him for a detailed specs sheet, will update when I get a response.

If they know all of these differences between Touring and Pure why in the world don't they detail it on the website or send it in an email? It seems there should be a detailed list, not piecemeal answers from SAs to specific questions!

If they know all of these differences between Touring and Pure why in the world don't they detail it on the website or send it in an email? It seems there should be a detailed list, not piecemeal answers from SAs to specific questions!
Agree! I got a further reply telling that they do not have a detailed specs sheet as the cars are not in production yet.

The Shumer-Manchin deal announced today will exclude the air Pure from receiving the $7500 incentive:

Per Reddit… Income cap 300k joint, 225k head of household, 150k single. Vehicle price cap. 80k SUV and Trucks, 55k all other. Looks like there is some American made requirements for batteries but I don’t understand the legal jargon. 4k or 30% credit for used cars (which ever is lesser) 7500 credit broken in half. 3750 x 2 based on sliding scale of how much of battery and critical minerals come from North America.

Even my early Pure Air AWD reservation will miss the EV credit by only $3500 😓 .

The Shumer-Manchin deal announced today will exclude the air Pure from receiving the $7500 incentive:

Even my early Pure Air AWD reservation will miss the EV credit by only $3500 😓 .
The Air is not an SUV or truck, so it'd be subject to the $55k cutoff. You miss by a lot more than $3500.

I still don't understand why they limit cars so much lower than SUVs/trucks. Makes no damn sense.

The Air is not an SUV or truck, so it'd be subject to the $55k cutoff. You miss by a lot more than $3500.

I still don't understand why they limit cars so much lower than SUVs/trucks. Makes no damn sense.

You are right. I don't know what I was thinking. The Pure was such a great deal with the $7500 incentive if you had an early reservation 😓 .

Damn. I mean, I'm happy that there's finally some climate legislation moving forward. But I would have liked to get the tax credit!

Back