Air Pure or Model Y or just wait longer?

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Btw, I just received my AGT 3 weeks ago and extremely satisfied.

Now my wife wants a replacement car once our kid takes her car to college this summer. She nagged me for model Y. I have been hold out bc I just don’t feel Model Y is tall enough to be SUV, nor has real 3rd row seats like our Honda Odyssey in the past to transport more passengers. Rivian R1S…. I just don't trust their execution. Get an Air Pure now before price hike then sell it after Gravity comes out?

Any other good SUV out there to suggest?

Audi e-tron SUV in the short term? I have a friend with that car who likes it a lot, and it was top of my list two years ago. It's got its oddities though, and is more like a conventional car inside.

Last edited:
Btw, I just received my AGT 3 weeks ago and extremely satisfied.

Now my wife wants a replacement car once our kid takes her car to college this summer. She nagged me for model Y. I have been hold out bc I just don’t feel Model Y is tall enough to be SUV, nor has real 3rd row seats like our Honda Odyssey in the past to transport more passengers. Rivian R1S…. I just don't trust their execution. Get an Air Pure now before price hike then sell it after Gravity comes out?

Any other good SUV out there to suggest?
Ionia 5 over the Model Y. Friend of mine got one and loves it. I’ve been very impressed with it as well. Overall it has better practicality, good range, Hyundai’s excellent warranty & build quality, and frankly is just a fun little car that is very nice to be in.

Another option soon is the Fisker Ocean (hopefully in a few weeks I’ll get to drive one - don’t ask how). That is definitely one to watch as it is aiming directly at the Model Y and seems very well thought through.

Ionia 5 over the Model Y. Friend of mine got one and loves it. I’ve been very impressed with it as well. Overall it has better practicality, good range, Hyundai’s excellent warranty & build quality, and frankly is just a fun little car that is very nice to be in.
I would concur on the Ioniq 5

Model Y waiting list is 6 months to a year at this point unless you order the performance model in which case July-September. For a new Air Pure reservation I can’t imagine it would be delivered until mid next year (30,000 reservations, only expecting to build 12,000 this year, Pure as base model would be lowest priority for deliveries). If you need it beginning this summer might be best to search nationwide for an Ioniq5, EV6, or Polestar2 (and be prepared for dealer price adjustments)

Another option soon is the Fisker Ocean (hopefully in a few weeks I’ll get to drive one - don’t ask how). That is definitely one to watch as it is aiming directly at the Model Y and seems very well thought through.
I couldn’t get much info about Fisker Ocean, but despite exterior shape, I like what Ioniq 5 has to offer.

When does your kid leave? There are long waiting lists right now for most electric cars.
She already going 2nd year, but we have few other ICE cars back up. My wife just have to take Jeep Wrangler until something better found or come out. After this Lucid AGT, I decided just got full EV from this point on. I am totally on board for electrified America.

Model Y waiting list is 6 months to a year at this point unless you order the performance model in which case July-September. For a new Air Pure reservation I can’t imagine it would be delivered until mid next year (30,000 reservations, only expecting to build 12,000 this year, Pure as base model would be lowest priority for deliveries). If you need it beginning this summer might be best to search nationwide for an Ioniq5, EV6, or Polestar2 (and be prepared for dealer price adjustments)
EV6 is better looking one out if 3 you mentioned. Polestar does not look attractive at all. 😞

How about the VW ID Buzz in 2024?
1651873908694.png

what are your wife's desires in an electric car? Initial speed? Speed for passing? range? fast charging? interior comfort? handling? Etc.

How about the VW ID Buzz in 2024? View attachment 2044
Now this, I would drive. I have no love for SUVs or minivans, but this thing is super cool. The designers nailed it, and the engineers executed perfectly.

Still wish VW would bring the ID.3 to the states. The ID.4 is butt ugly.

Volvo's XC40 P8 EV is a really excellent fun-sized SUV. We love ours. Very comfortable interior and ride, quiet, handles great, fully-featured with driver aids (unlike Teslas), 402hp AWD and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. Even though the XC40's range is only about 200 miles, we take it on long road trips and leave our noisy, rough, kit-car-like Model 3 at home.
XC40 crossing stream.jpg

Last edited:
what are your wife's desires in an electric car? Initial speed? Speed for passing? range? fast charging? interior comfort? handling? Etc.
She is easy. She just like everyone has Tesla, why don’t we get Tesla too. It’s good for environment, Elon is doing good for mankind. 🤔

She is easy. She just like everyone has Tesla, why don’t we get Tesla too. It’s good for environment, Elon is doing good for mankind. 🤔
We liked our Model 3 for a while, but now realize that compared to other cars it is noisy, rough riding, cheap feeling, and missing important and useful things like blind spot warning in side mirrors, 360-degree cameras, auto rear cross-traffic/ pedestrian braking. Can't wait to sell mine this summer. I plan to replace it with a Polestar 3 or 4, Ioniq 5, or an Air GT.

Last edited:
EB86B30F-8F65-43FF-8B5C-5EA1F85D1EC8.jpeg
40F4C871-9061-4FFE-ACF9-4CFDA6CBEF7A.jpeg
6885CDC0-CE05-4915-BE44-880B9C9CC8E1.jpeg
88D50720-EB54-4BE6-B731-C3C74EF628FC.jpeg

This Green Jeep Wrangler is named “Yoda” is my everyday pride and joy, I told her, just take over this one when she handed her Honda to kid. I want EV from now on, I just don’t want a model Y.

Back