Air Pure or Model Y or just wait longer?

Model X is too low to ground to be sports SUV. I rented out to test it out. Only thing good is Falcon wings, awesome infotainment, very fast EV. Poor at charging speed.
6CDD8AF7-3A5D-48E0-822D-D4AD14468BF6.jpeg
1DE81F67-D264-4083-99FF-CE0D7756B2A7.jpeg
0C7F1A70-2395-498D-B00A-E451E2D18FA5.jpeg
F6DE6836-2CFC-4806-9488-937E0A23C01E.jpeg

Consider this is a 9 mpg gas hog, it may not be a bad deal.
BE552886-1818-492F-9DEA-0A446C658B29.png

I couldn’t get much info about Fisker Ocean, but despite exterior shape, I like what Ioniq 5 has to offer.
What do you want to know about the Ocean? I am a reservation holder and they have good info on the Ocean forum, DM if you want more info. You'd be looking at 2023 summer at the earliest my guess if you reserve one now. Best spec for an EV SUV for the price hands down!

It really depends what you like or she likes in an SUV. My buddy just bought a MYP and loves it. He's a minimalist type & artsie. I don't like the MY at all, it's drives harsh and rough. I feel like you get tossed around in the back seat. The M3 and MY lack a good suspension IMO.

Your top EV SUV choices would be (besides MY) that are reasonably priced:
  1. Fisker Ocean
  2. Ioniq 5 (slow and not great range)
  3. Cadillac Lyriq
  4. Genesis EV70
  5. Audi Q4 E-Tron
  6. Nissan Ariya
  7. Kia EV9 (looks to be biggest option)
  8. Chrysler Airflow

She is easy. She just like everyone has Tesla, why don’t we get Tesla too. It’s good for environment, Elon is doing good for mankind. 🤔
I suggest putting her in one. There are a couple of high end malls reasonably near me that have Tesla stores. Hopefully you have one near you. I would never buy a Tesla Model 3 because I don't want to look sideways to see how fast I am driving and I want actual, physical buttons for things I need to adjust while driving. I expect that your wife will be similarly turned off. Then put her in an Ioniq 5 and let her see the difference.

I suggest putting her in one. There are a couple of high end malls reasonably near me that have Tesla stores. Hopefully you have one near you. I would never buy a Tesla Model 3 because I don't want to look sideways to see how fast I am driving and I want actual, physical buttons for things I need to adjust while driving. I expect that your wife will be similarly turned off. Then put her in an Ioniq 5 and let her see the difference.
I own a M3P MY and when I realized I would wait another year for my touring purchased a EV6 GT in the interim. I actually love the minimalist look of the teslas and having driven them exclusively for 5 years, moving into the Kia was a bit of a shock. That being said, while it is not as fast as my M3P, or even my MY, it is by all measured a much more refined car. The software is a bit funky in certain areas, but since I use CarPlay, really nothing of any significance. I can't throw it around corners like the M3P, but is outshines the MY. And it is very spacious. Not quite as much storage with the real seats up as my MY, but with seats down it is quite cavernous. The fit and finish of the car is impeccable -- in contrast with my Tesla's, both which I had to take to a detailer to deal with small, but annoying problems with the paint. While not cheap, 60K for the GT-line, it is substantially less expensive that the MY. So, as an interim buy until you can get your Air and Lucid sorts out issues, I think the EV6 would be a great option. That being said, the Lyriq will hit the dealers soon. It promises to be a great option, albeit at a higher price point.

I appreciate all your input. I really fancy Gravity after enjoying this AGT. I have confident Lucid will make better SUV. Forget about software bells and whistles, I wholeheartedly agree with Motortrend, this car just feel so comfortable and good looking. So I decided I just get another one, but on AP trim. My guess is at least another 10 months wait BEFORE I get to my turn. I can always change my mind when Gravity is open for reservation.

My current car is a Jaguar I Pace.

It’s an overlooked EV that has great driving and luxury. It’s just not as efficient so range isn’t as good. But we have an ICE for trips so I drive my EV for everything else and just use the wife ICE car for trips.

Back