• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Air Pure : Lease vs Buy

Jhakaas

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance to pick between the two options:

Option 1 - Lease : 2024 Lucid Air Pure RWD; 18mo Lease | 12K Miles | DD Premium | $720/mo
Option 2 - Buy : 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD; DreamDrive Pro | Surreal Sound Pro | $59K + Taxes; 0 Down ~920/mo over 72mo

What I would like to know is which one in your opinion makes the most sense ? And what should I assume as the depreciation for Option 2 over two and three years ?

I feel like both are incredible deals, but not knowing the depreciation is making it really hard to choose.

Both sound like good deals to me. I think it would depend on what you expect to do with the car, if you want to keep it long term or get something new or different in a couple years. If you're going to keep it, the Option 2 car is the better car, and then you don't have to worry about how many miles you are driving it. Mine has 20,700 miles on it after 13 months, and I've enjoyed every one of them.

Hi,

Option 1 - Lease : 2024 Lucid Air Pure RWD; 18mo Lease | 12K Miles | DD Premium | $720/mo
Option 2 - Buy : 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD; DreamDrive Pro | Surreal Sound Pro | $59K + Taxes; 0 Down ~920/mo over 72mo

What I would like to know is which one in your opinion makes the most sense ? And what should I assume as the depreciation for Option 2 over two and three years ?

I feel like both are incredible deals, but not knowing the depreciation is making it really hard to choose.
I would go with option 2, 59k is a steal!

Hi,

Is there still 2023 models available?

Hi,

Are both new? I cannot believe that there is a new 2023 Pure AWD with both DDP and SSP.

No one can estimate the value of a Lucid Air in two or three years. It depends on so many factors.

If you want to take the risk of depreciation, go with option 2. If you are unsure of the car value in 18 months, then go with the lease.

Very confused? Try the 2024 for 18 months. If you like everything about it, consider the used 2023 at that time so as to get the extra features. Residual on existing 2023 was about 47k for end of lease term. Interest rate will be better too by then. You could even grab a used GT at good price then.

We want to experience the best version of the Lucid Air but concerned about the depreciation. A lot of the examples online in regards to depreciation are being impacted be the reduction of the price of vehicle by Lucid themselves.

This residual you mentioned it’s for a 2023 Model lease ? For Option 1 the RV I got was 51.5k.

Our thinking for Option 2 was, a comparable Lucid Air Pure is closer to 85k MSRP, even if it depreciates 50% over 3 years will hopefully be a very lucrative deal.

I generally avoid purchasing luxury vehicle (high depreciation) or vehicle from a fairly new company. They’re bound to get hardware improvements over the years and I wouldn’t want to be stuck with an earlier version. Btw, don’t forget referral code, it’s an additional $750 off.

Thank you for all the guidance.

I am definitely considering all the discounts including the referral. It only has 2.5k miles on it so made it very attractive.

One followup question: When I am thinking about depreciation should I be considering it from the price I purchase it at ($59k+Tax) or the cost of an equivalent car (sticker/MSRP per Lucid $91K) ?

One followup question: When I am thinking about depreciation should I be considering it from the price I purchase it at ($59k+Tax) or the cost of an equivalent car (sticker/MSRP per Lucid $91K) ?
Depreciation from the MSRP, not purchase price.

Edit: just FYI (not sure if it helps), I leased a 2023 this month and its 18 months residual is 53%

I guess what I am trying to know, given the reduced price on the Demo car being offered (91k MSRP vs 59K) should I consider that as first year depreciation ?

Sorry. You are not getting answers because I think you are asking questions that are impossible to predict. All I can say is that I wish I would have had the chance to wait a few months and buy the exact same car I did, with a few gentle-used miles on it, for a whole, whole lot less. I think you know the intangible risks behind the sale vs. lease decision. Take it or leave it. Just my opinion.

I generally avoid purchasing luxury vehicle (high depreciation) or vehicle from a fairly new company. They’re bound to get hardware improvements over the years and I wouldn’t want to be stuck with an earlier version. Btw, don’t forget referral code, it’s an additional $750 off.
Moore’s law cubed. New technology x new company x new car = 2026/7 will be new in more ways than I can imagine.

We can’t rely on the Tesla philosophy of updating vehicles especially when we see how long in the tooth some models are looking these days. Still trying to understand why the 3 (and soon the Y) leapfrogged the big dogs. That frankly SuX.

Considering the exponential increase in makes, models and improvements, lease seems to be the natural life cycle for these vehicles.

Back