Air GT won't wake up for charging

azguy

Active Member

Joined
Aug 9, 2025
Messages
201
Reaction score
259
Location
Tucson, Arizona
Cars
Lucid Air GT
I have a 2023 Air GT, and at home I have a Telsa Universal Charger. It has always charged the Lucid just fine when the charger is set to 'compatibility mode'. The last few days something has changed, maybe because of a software update. Normally I set the charge time (on the Tesla app) for cheap energy rates (after 10 PM) and in the morning the car is charged.

Now, for some inexplicable reason, the car will not charge unless it is awake. I have tried charging with the Lucid built in schedular, and that doesn't work either, unless the car is awake. I have tried setting a charge time on the tesla app and setting a charge schedule on the car for 1 minute later. That doesn't work either. The universal charger always worked fine with the Lucid, until just a few days ago.

Anyone else seeing this, and know a solution? I did get an update to the tesla app today, but it made no difference.

Thanks
 
I have a 2023 Air GT, and at home I have a Telsa Universal Charger. It has always charged the Lucid just fine when the charger is set to 'compatibility mode'. The last few days something has changed, maybe because of a software update. Normally I set the charge time (on the Tesla app) for cheap energy rates (after 10 PM) and in the morning the car is charged.

Now, for some inexplicable reason, the car will not charge unless it is awake. I have tried charging with the Lucid built in schedular, and that doesn't work either, unless the car is awake. I have tried setting a charge time on the tesla app and setting a charge schedule on the car for 1 minute later. That doesn't work either. The universal charger always worked fine with the Lucid, until just a few days ago.

Anyone else seeing this, and know a solution? I did get an update to the tesla app today, but it made no difference.

Thanks
Try turning off the Tesla schedule and only using the in-car scheduler. That should work.
 
Try turning off the Tesla schedule and only using the in-car scheduler. That should work.
Didn't work. Set it for 10:15. At 10:30 it still hadn't started charging. Woke the car up with the app, and hit the 'start charging' button, then it started. This is new bad behavior... this has worked for many months. Scratching my head...
 
As it happens I have a visit tomorrow from Lucid at home for the regular maintenance... I don't think I can do a TCU reset, but I'll bet he can.. worth asking and see what he thinks.. thanks
 
As it happens I have a visit tomorrow from Lucid at home for the regular maintenance... I don't think I can do a TCU reset, but I'll bet he can.. worth asking and see what he thinks.. thanks
I'm back on track, but not sure what was wrong. There is a setting on the Tesla Charger app that turns off all scheduling and I set a schedule on the Lucid instead. That seemed to work and last night the car charged at the time I set bypassing the scheduling on the Tesla charger. . I've also just had an update to the Tesla app that controls the universal charger. I wonder if Tesla fixed some bug they introduced which started this series of issues. Since the Tesla app just updated yesterday, I'll try it's own scheduler again and see if it has been fixed, but using the car to control charging is working just fine now.

My appt with Lucid for regular maintenance on my Air GT yesterday was just excellent. It was done at home. The guys were right on time, did a thorough check of the car, replaced wiper blades, checked the 12v batteries, replaced batterie in my fobs and mirror lights, checked but did not need to rotate tires, checked inflation and lug nut tension, a host of things. More than I expected. The buttons on my steering wheel seemed flaky and sometimes unreliable. They replaced the entire sterring wheel, and the buttons are now firm and a pleasure to use. They seconded my opinion to try the Lucid car scheduler for charging, and confirmed that my software systems were working fine.

Great experience.
 
...Since the Tesla app just updated yesterday, I'll try it's own scheduler again and see if it has been fixed, but using the car to control charging is working just fine now....
The Air does not work with charger-side scheduling. You must turn it off and use the car's scheduling.
It appears to me that Gravity works as expected with charger-side scheduling.
 
Actually it did work for 8 months (since I've owned the car). Suddenly it stopped working but turned scheduling off on the charger and turned it on on the car. It was all strange.
 
Back
Top