Air Dream Deliveries?

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
So after today there are only 8 business days left in the month. Any updates from the Air Dream reservation holders? VINs assigned? Delivery date set yet? I would think that if they are actually going to do a delivery, then arrangements should be made by now. Perhaps Lucid is requiring a news embargo for those with upcoming deliveries so the company can make an announcement at the time the deliveries happen?

I have a September 2018 Dream reservation and was one of the first to confirm my order last month. I haven't heard anything yet.

Last edited:
I have a September 2020 dream reservation and I haven't heard anything yet either. In fact when the advisor last reached out they were very eager to make sure the delivery address and registration info was all updated etc. He even said he will be in touch "very frequently " with updates. That was about 3 weeks ago. Nothing since. Further solidifies my theory they are making some last minute tweaks and late Nov or Dec will be actual deliveries.

Further solidifies my theory they are making some last minute tweaks and late Nov or Dec will be actual deliveries.

I'm thinking that, too. Issues came up about interior noise from several journalists at the Production Preview Week, there were several mentions of software features not yet activated, the lack of precision and quality feel of some interior switchgear was raised, etc. Tesla would blow off such concerns with a "let 'er rip and send out the cars." To his credit, I think Rawlinson will try to address what can still be addressed with a few more weeks time.

I have been watching several forums and discussion boards where Lucid is discussed and, other than two false alerts on Reddit, no one is reporting having received a VIN or a delivery date. We're halfway through the third week of October. Unless a customer is taking delivery in Casa Grande, I just don't think there's any shipping turn-around time left for deliveries in October.

How do they make changes in switchgear, noise attenuation, etc. in a few weeks? Parts would have to be modified, orders sent out, installation completed…unless it’s all done in-house, but even then…

In Rawlinson's demo drive a few months back he noted that some of the switchgear didn't have the tactile precision he wanted and that they were going to have to work on the detents and the spring stiffness. He specifically likened the feel he wanted to that of a Swiss watch, something no reviewers seem to have found in the switchgear. In an interview soon after his demo drive, he mentioned the difficulty they were still having in getting the quality they demanded from suppliers. It's possible that work on switchgear changes was started some time ago, but the suppliers haven't yet gotten the modified parts to the factory, and Lucid is trying to buy a little more time. (Remember that the cars used in the Production Preview were billed as pre-production cars.)

As the noise attenuation seems to relate mostly to tire noise in the rear seats, there may be something that can still be done with sound-deadening material around the rear wheel wells or behind and under the seats. Perhaps since Lucid's sound engineers didn't notice the problem in the measurements they made, they decided they could dispense with some of the sound deadening material that was available but, now that they are confronted with complaints, they can make use of it fairly quickly.

Software is done in-house and, once the right players are on board, time is the critical element in getting it right.

The first two scenarios are speculation, of course, but these are not far-fetched scenarios in which a few more weeks might give Lucid time to close some quality gaps.

So, only one work week left in October. Has anyone heard anything remotely credible about whether or how Dream deliveries will actually start in October?

I am a September 2018 reservation holder and was told I was among the first to confirm my order when the summons to do so went out on September 20 . . . and that cars would enter the production queue in the order in which the order was confirmed with a Delivery Advisor. But I haven't heard boo since

Yesterday my Delivery Advisor told me no VINs have been issued on any cars for the customers assigned to her. She said she could not speak to whether VINs might have been issued to customers assigned to other advisors.

Get ready!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-091302.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-091302.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 284
No guarantee they’re going to customers.
Unlike Musk and Tesla who make unkept promises, I believe Rawlinson when he says that they will be delivered to CUSTOMERS by the end of the month. You will see customer deliveries this week with an announcement by LUCID.

I think that Lucid stock will go up when and if we get to the 20,000 reservation mark.(maximum amount of cars that can be produced in 2022). Having the reservations sold out for 2022 would bode well for the future. That would stimulate other potential buyers and reservations, as it is human nature to want something that is in demand and has a long waiting list. If the 20,000 mark happens in the first half of next year, I believe you will get the attention of the hedge fund managers and the stock will spike up.

There were already 13k+ reservations at the last report so I am sure they will hit the 20k number soon. once deliveries are announced this week, that will stimulate demand for more orders. Many are on the fence waiting to see if Lucid can actually put cars into customer hands. Seeing Lucid’s on the road is more advertising which compounds demand. The more people see the quality product, the higher the reservation numbers will go.

Not me! Did anyone here received an invite?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-093431__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-093431__01.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 257
Back