AGT stops charging at 264 miles

I have the same problem with my 2023 air touring. Charging stops at L2, after charging 1-2 miles or 5 minutes. After multiple charging start attempts after stopping, it continues charging with no issues. I think this started to happen after getting 2.8.17 update. I have scheduled appointment at service next week
Wondering if you made any progress? Mobil tech here Thursday. Gave us a new charging cable. I drove the car today, went to charge tonight, same problem. Notified service. Monday will begin a new battle to get this fixed.
 
Wondering if you made any progress? Mobil tech here Thursday. Gave us a new charging cable. I drove the car today, went to charge tonight, same problem. Notified service. Monday will begin a new battle to get this fixed.
My car is in service currently. Will probably find out soon whats going on. I keep you updated
 
Wondering if you made any progress? Mobil tech here Thursday. Gave us a new charging cable. I drove the car today, went to charge tonight, same problem. Notified service. Monday will begin a new battle to get this fixed.
Isnt there a controller called a "wonderbox" or something like that? My buddy's Tesla's died and effected chargine in odd ways. I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen on here somehwere too.
 
Since most like updates:
1. Problem persists. Can’t charge the car at my home.. (. Either 120 or 240)
2. Asked FPL to check power to house, they say good..
3. Tried a neighbor’s charger, level 2. Fine, slow charge, but it worked
4. Went to Lucid Service, they checked our charger. Fine. They put car on charger, fine. They say it’s an issue with our home..
5. Went to another friend’s house, using our charger, their 240 plug, guess what, fine.
So we think it’s our home, but no idea why. Newer house, 6 yo.
Will of course enlist an electrician, but don’t know how to find someone who knows Lucids and charging.
So it sounds like you have almost isolated the problem to your 240 outlet. When you borrowed your friend's charger to use in your outlet, it was slowly charging? How slow? When you went to your friend house and used your charger, was it charging well at 40 amps? Last question, have you tried to charge in your house using a 120v outlet from a different area (not on the same breaker as the 240V outlet)? That would convince me that the problem is something in the outlet/wiring/breaker of your 240 outlet. When I has an issue, it actually turned out that my '23 Lucid mobile charger had gone bad. Hope you find your issue
 
So it sounds like you have almost isolated the problem to your 240 outlet. When you borrowed your friend's charger to use in your outlet, it was slowly charging? How slow? When you went to your friend house and used your charger, was it charging well at 40 amps? Last question, have you tried to charge in your house using a 120v outlet from a different area (not on the same breaker as the 240V outlet)? That would convince me that the problem is something in the outlet/wiring/breaker of your 240 outlet. When I has an issue, it actually turned out that my '23 Lucid mobile charger had gone bad. Hope you find your issue
Thanks for all the great questions and attempts at troubleshooting.
1. Our outlet is fine. Even confirmed by Lucid tech.
2. Given a new charger on Thursday. Thought we were all set..
3. Tried charging last evening, bam stopped…
Here’s the most perplexing… this morning I woke up so annoyed.. plugged in, bam, stopped. Being annoyed, with a few choice words, I kept restarting, guess what, it has now been charging for 1 hour, added 47 miles. Still think there is something in car, that I had to restart 5 times, and finally caused an override… Let’s see what Service says tomorrow…
 
Thanks for all the great questions and attempts at troubleshooting.
1. Our outlet is fine. Even confirmed by Lucid tech.
2. Given a new charger on Thursday. Thought we were all set..
3. Tried charging last evening, bam stopped…
Here’s the most perplexing… this morning I woke up so annoyed.. plugged in, bam, stopped. Being annoyed, with a few choice words, I kept restarting, guess what, it has now been charging for 1 hour, added 47 miles. Still think there is something in car, that I had to restart 5 times, and finally caused an override… Let’s see what Service says tomorrow…
Is the connection between the power cord and charger tight? If it's not pushed in all the way, it can give you weird results and errors
 
So, after 5 attempts today ( stop, start), never entering or touching anything but the start button in the app, it charged 173 miles in 4 hrs, 10 mins. Always maintained about 40/hr. This is a riddle that I hope Lucid can solve.
 
So, after 5 attempts today ( stop, start), never entering or touching anything but the start button in the app, it charged 173 miles in 4 hrs, 10 mins. Always maintained about 40/hr. This is a riddle that I hope Lucid can solve.
It may still be something with your wiring. It would be worth having an electrician check your circuit.
 
It may still be something with your wiring. It would be worth having an electrician check your circuit.
That was done, by a group that Lucid suggests using on their website . They said the voltage is fine. They spoke with Lucid Service directly, and told them it was either the car or the charger.
 
That was done, by a group that Lucid suggests using on their website . They said the voltage is fine. They spoke with Lucid Service directly, and told them it was either the car or the charger.
Got it. Sorry, I must have gotten you confused with one of the other folks with this issue who hasn’t had that checked yet.

My bad.
 
So, after 5 attempts today ( stop, start), never entering or touching anything but the start button in the app, it charged 173 miles in 4 hrs, 10 mins. Always maintained about 40/hr. This is a riddle that I hope Lucid can solve.
My car had the exact symptoms too. I will appreciate if you can share what your service gives you as an update, i will do the same.
One thing i want to ask you, did you leave your mobile app running at the background of your phone or was it open at your phone screen during your 4 hours charging?
 
My car had the exact symptoms too. I will appreciate if you can share what your service gives you as an update, i will do the same.
One thing i want to ask you, did you leave your mobile app running at the background of your phone or was it open at your phone screen during your 4 hours charging?
Thanks. We are so frustrated. I had the app open on my phone, so I could check it constantly ( LOL).
 
Thanks. We are so frustrated. I had the app open on my phone, so I could check it constantly ( LOL).
(If you install Home Assistant and set up the Lucid integration, it will track this for you and give you graphs you can share with service / Lucid)
 
(If you install Home Assistant and set up the Lucid integration, it will track this for you and give you graphs you can share with service / Lucid)
Wow, that would be great. I’m not familiar with that. Is it an app?
 
My car is in service currently. Will probably find out soon whats going on. I keep you updated
Hello. Wondering how things went? We have now figured out, it will keep charging at 6 restarts. Documented with photos, and now we have a schedule service visit. Was curious what transpired with your service visit, if you don’t mind sharing.
 
Hello. Wondering how things went? We have now figured out, it will keep charging at 6 restarts. Documented with photos, and now we have a schedule service visit. Was curious what transpired with your service visit, if you don’t mind sharing.
Hello, i picked up my car today from Millbrae studio at the bay area. I was told after updating the car to software 2.8.30 (earlier my car was at 2.8.17) After software upgrade they used my mobile charger to charge the car. They checked two times at 5th and 10 minute and didnt see any issue and continued to charge the car until 100% with no issues.

I will charge my car tonight to confirm.
 
I am so frustrated. I still have the same issue. The car was there for 4 weeks and nothing changed😡
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2712.webp
    IMG_2712.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 102
I am so frustrated. I still have the same issue. The car was there for 4 weeks and nothing changed😡
Try setting your limit to something other than 80, maybe 85 and see what happens.
 
Back
Top