AGT DreamDrive is included in the price, right?

Victor Osaka

I just read about Tesla jacking up the price on their self-driving software update. I am hoping we don't see such fees for DreamDrive.

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Friday that the electric carmaker will raise the U.S. price of its advanced driver assistant software dubbed "Full Self Driving" to $12,000 on Jan. 17.
The 20% price rise comes less than two years after Tesla raised Full Self-Driving (FSD) prices to $10,000 from $8,000 in 2020.
"Tesla FSD price rising to $12k on Jan 17. Just in the US." Musk tweeted. Also, "FSD price will rise as we get closer to FSD production code release."

Yes. The Grand Touring is fully loaded. There are no options other than paint, wheels, and interior color, all of which are included at no cost.

I just read about Tesla jacking up the price on their self-driving software update. I am hoping we don't see such fees for DreamDrive.

"Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Friday that the electric carmaker will raise the U.S. price of its advanced driver assistant software dubbed "Full Self Driving" to $12,000 on Jan. 17.
The 20% price rise comes less than two years after Tesla raised Full Self-Driving (FSD) prices to $10,000 from $8,000 in 2020.
"Tesla FSD price rising to $12k on Jan 17. Just in the US." Musk tweeted. Also, "FSD price will rise as we get closer to FSD production code release."
After the vehicle's warranty period, software updates will not be free. Wonder what that means for owners whose warranty clocks have started but software is not completely functional.

People are suckers! I feel sorry for all those people that have dropped all this cash on a system that has been coming for 5+ years! Tesla has admitted that it will probably never be anything more than a Level 2 ADAS system so if people are expecting to take a nap while driving this won't be happening at all in a Tesla as the driver is still required to pay attention.

The first company in the US to go for a Level 3 system is Volvo who aim to launch it later in the year as a subscription service.

The first company in the US to go for a Level 3 system is Volvo who aim to launch it later in the year as a subscription service.
Even level 3 will not allow you to take a nap. While it allows you to take your eyes off the road, you must remain alert and ready to take over if the system requests it. No napping in the driver's seat anytime soon.

Even level 3 will not allow you to take a nap. While it allows you to take your eyes off the road, you must remain alert and ready to take over if the system requests it. No napping in the driver's seat anytime soon.

C'mon no KITT...

People are suckers! I feel sorry for all those people that have dropped all this cash on a system that has been coming for 5+ years! Tesla has admitted that it will probably never be anything more than a Level 2 ADAS system so if people are expecting to take a nap while driving this won't be happening at all in a Tesla as the driver is still required to pay attention.

Tesla has made no such admission. It has told regulators that FSD is currently a Level 2 ADAS.

Elon Musk said on Wednesday Tesla earnings call that he would be shocked if Tesla FSD does not drive safer than a human by the end of 2022. Pre-market TSLA is down 1.43% as of this post.

Tesla has made no such admission. It has told regulators that FSD is currently a Level 2 ADAS.

Elon Musk said on Wednesday Tesla earnings call that he would be shocked if Tesla FSD does not drive safer than a human by the end of 2022. Pre-market TSLA is down 1.43% as of this post.
Deja vu all over again.

I did buy the FSD. The latest version of the FSD is impressive especially with its ability to go around a slow moving car on the highway and to obey the traffic lights. However, I do believe that I pay a lot less attention to what's happening around me when I am using the FSD as it turns me into a passenger rather than a driver. Those of us that do enjoy driving just need a good lane and distance keeping cruise control. I do prefer Lucid's signal cameras, especially at night when it is hard to see cars in the side-view mirrors.

I did buy the FSD. The latest version of the FSD is impressive especially with its ability to go around a slow moving car on the highway and to obey the traffic lights. However, I do believe that I pay a lot less attention to what's happening around me when I am using the FSD as it turns me into a passenger rather than a driver. Those of us that do enjoy driving just need a good lane and distance keeping cruise control. I do prefer Lucid's signal cameras, especially at night when it is hard to see cars in the side-view mirrors.

They say it wasn't in self driving, how do they know when the driver has died?

As long as a fool like that didn't take an innocent driver or pedestrian with him. One less idiot on the road...sorry to sound so crass.

They say it wasn't in self driving, how do they know when the driver has died?
They're always going to be stupid people downing stupid things and then deny it was their fault. As a Tesla owner since 2013, I can see Tesla has come a long way from its early days. I am looking forward to how far Lucid can take their product. Lucid is starting with a superior drivetrain. The rest is mostly software. Software issues are aggravating for sure but can be updated over the air. Lucid needs to concentrate on fixing any PITA software issues that arise on an expedited basis or it will become Fisker Karma in no time.

I am learning, so does a government agency get this black box? Like in plane crash?

I am learning, so does a government agency get this black box? Like in plane crash?

Unlike planes, there isn’t *actually* a physical black box in most cars. But because of the cloud and software access over the internet, Teslas (and others) do log tons of data. Typically, the NHTSA will investigate significant crashes through their SCI (special crash investigations) dept. CA highway patrol also has their MAIT team do investigations as well, in CA.

Interesting, not that they would but that leaves the door open to not provide accurate data if you are trying to advocate for FSD. Phillip Morris...

Deja vu all over again.

He is the richest non-head of state on the planet. By $38B over Bezos. As of right now.

Because his successes far outway his failures.

I am not planning on sleeping from LA to NYC in a Tesla anytime soon.

But I ain't betting against Musk either.

Back