Adapter

Cenzi

Cars
Lucid Air
I know they advise you not to, but in case of an emergency. Has anyone used an adapter to charge their Lucid at a Tesla charging station? And if you have, how was the experience and which adapter did you use?

I know they advise you not to, but in case of an emergency. Has anyone used an adapter to charge their Lucid at a Tesla charging station? And if you have, how was the experience and which adapter did you use?
At a Tesla destination charger, it's no issue - I use TeslaTap but there are plenty of fine options.

At a supercharger, it will not work and you shouldn't try it. Others have.

At a Tesla destination charger, it's no issue - I use TeslaTap but there are plenty of fine options.

At a supercharger, it will not work and you shouldn't try it. Others have.
Does lucid work with superchargers outfitted with CCS plugs?

Other brands (Ford, Rivian) that have started using Superchargers have provided the adapters for free.

Your VIN needs to be in the billing system to work so it's just not an adapter. Ford and Rivian got their VIN registered seamlessly so drivers can hook the Supercharger to the adapter and it just works.

In the meantime, you can register your car directly with Tesla app but it's only valid at Magic Dock stations that have built-in CCS1.

That means your adapter only works if:

1. Provided by Tesla as a built-in at a Magic Dock

Or

2. Provided by your car company

Last edited:
Back