Accelerator pedal weight

Interesting, I've found it to be WAY less sensitive than the other EVs I've driven, which mostly have been my wife's Genesis GV60, and a Ford Mach-E. Those I have a really, really difficult time making small adjustments, not only, but especially when trying to move slowly from auto-hold like when I'm trying to make small adjustments to pulling into or out of a parking spot or garage. I've nearly slammed into parking stones and the front of our garage multiple times in those vehicles.

I also just have a really hard time driving smoothly with either of those vehicles. The tip over is super sudden in those cars and it drives me nuts, but I have no problem with my Air.
I haven't driven a GV60 but I drove a Mach-E for 5 years. We're really talking different things regarding speed sensitivity.

I totally agree that the Mach-E has very strong creep speed, meaning if you use 1PD or HOLD, breaking free of it with the accelerator pedal causes you to lurch. From a dead stop, it's really tough to move just a few inches. It's why I hated 1PD and HOLD, and turned those off. I always drive in 2PD (CREEP), so I can easily regulate the slow speed movement in my garage and in parking spaces with the brake pedal like a normal gas car.

What I'm talking about here is not going from 0 MPH to 2 MPH, but zeroing in on 40 MPH or 50 MPH. Especially when dropping out of ACC and trying to match speed. A little pedal movement (with Regen On) makes a big difference. There's less pedal play than my Mach-E had and than my Macan now has. (Note too that that varies in the Mach-E based on what drive mode you have on. Whisper gives wider pedal play, Unbridled shorter.)
 
Oh I love regen in general. Most of what you describe is simply a product of any EV with regen turned on -- letting up on the pedal and having the car slow down. It's one of the great features of an EV (or even a hybrid).

When using DD (or ACC), it's moot of course since we're not using the pedal then.

I definitely want regen turned on because I love the automatic slowing when letting up (although I don't like 1-pedal drive (HOLD) to do the final stopping, so I always turn on CREEP every time). I'm just referring to how the pedal takes way more press-down with regen on vs with it off.
Yep, this isn't my first EV but it's my first with one pedal drive. Taycan did not have it. I was referring mostly to the pressure on pedal too, tho I went off topic a little bit. I like the pressure level of the Gravity pedal
 
Especially when dropping out of ACC and trying to match speed.
Wondered if you noticed that getting a little easier with 3.5.1 Felt as if it gave me more time to try and match the speed.
 
I haven't driven a GV60 but I drove a Mach-E for 5 years. We're really talking different things regarding speed sensitivity.

I totally agree that the Mach-E has very strong creep speed, meaning if you use 1PD or HOLD, breaking free of it with the accelerator pedal causes you to lurch. From a dead stop, it's really tough to move just a few inches. It's why I hated 1PD and HOLD, and turned those off. I always drive in 2PD (CREEP), so I can easily regulate the slow speed movement in my garage and in parking spaces with the brake pedal like a normal gas car.

What I'm talking about here is not going from 0 MPH to 2 MPH, but zeroing in on 40 MPH or 50 MPH. Especially when dropping out of ACC and trying to match speed. A little pedal movement (with Regen On) makes a big difference. There's less pedal play than my Mach-E had and than my Macan now has. (Note too that that varies in the Mach-E based on what drive mode you have on. Whisper gives wider pedal play, Unbridled shorter.)

The creep breakout is one thing, but I'm also taking about the same thing, especially in the GV60. The tip over from 'holding speed' to 'regen throwing you forward' or ', accelerating like mad' is super sensitive and sudden. The MachE wasn't quite as bad but still felt worse to me than the Air.
 
Wondered if you noticed that getting a little easier with 3.5.1 Felt as if it gave me more time to try and match the speed.
I'll have to test it some more. Today was the first time I tried it with 3.5.1. Not sure if it's better or I'm just getting a better feel for it. The few times I use it today I ended up going over speed a little. I didn't do the clearest test (just canceling ACC with no pedal press to see if the hard slowing waits longer to kick in now).
 
On my test drives, I wasn't used to the High Regen setting and dialed it down to Standard but now that I've driven a week after taking delivery I'm quite used to Regen on High and like the precise control I have over such a heavy vehicle. Coming from a stick where downshifting for control and coasting in Neutral to a stop is the norm, this surprised me.
I'm definitely in the "I like the feel of Lucid's (stiff?) one pedal drive" camp here. It just seems like more fine control of this beast
 
Back
Top