ABRP

Then I got to next station BRAND NEW EA of SK Signet 350kW dispensers at Fairview, TX. Much faster than Rivian free juice. Quick in and out for experiment.
66% - 77%, 9 min, 17.8 kW at 44c/kW.

E0F5BC0A-7473-4D28-A3C7-37B141DBDBFA.jpeg
18B0C904-6EB3-4517-A22D-5F6660AA48F3.jpeg
FD56656A-BFA2-4D9E-9ACC-C559BD556117.jpeg

Bottomline, charging infrastructure is improving!

No Signet Surge with that 400V vehicle!

Rivian is a team player. They acquired AARP and still does the right thing. And I’m sure they will open up their charge network to all CCS next year. Meanwhile, I got taste of their free juice in Centerville, Texas. They are right next to Tesla SCN station. I’m making Model-Y jelly.View attachment 14349View attachment 14350View attachment 14351View attachment 14353View attachment 14352
It’s amazing how well it integrates into our Rivians. After a 5 hour drive in 105 degree heat, I actually arrived home with 5 more miles of charge than the original estimate. Purchasing ABRP was one of the smartest moves they have made. Why try to reinvent the wheel when you can just purchase the best of class software and build off of that? It’s really hard to play catch up with software development.

Rivian is a team player. They acquired AARP and still does the right thing. And I’m sure they will open up their charge network to all CCS next year. Meanwhile, I got taste of their free juice in Centerville, Texas. They are right next to Tesla SCN station. I’m making Model-Y jelly.View attachment 14349View attachment 14350View attachment 14351View attachment 14353View attachment 14352

For all who are curious, I’ve seen on Facebook group, Rivian Adventure Network actually let other non-Rivian brand EV charging for free, but may only be derated to 50kW juice though. That is pretty awesome of them to provide options to reduce CCS charging anxiety. Their stations are known for 99.5% uptime unlike EA about 66%.
Once they have most of 600 stations 3500+ chargers up next year, they will start billing to everyone.
A77DE135-1A36-4EF5-BA76-BD7E19980A57.jpeg

Last edited:
For all who are curious, I’ve seen on Facebook group, Rivian Adventure Network actually let other non-Rivian brand EV charging for free, but may only be derated to 50kW juice though. That is pretty awesome of them to provide options to reduce CCS charging anxiety. Their stations are known for 99.5% uptime unlike EA about 66%.
Once they have most of 600 stations 3500+ chargers up next year, they will start charging to everyone.
View attachment 14376

@MorganB although this may not appear in Lucid Navigation or ABRP, you can try it next time to Houston. I’m going to try my Air on Rivian Adventure Network on my next Dallas road trip.

It’s amazing how well it integrates into our Rivians....
Does ABRP run within the Rivian UI? I've heard that for Polestar, but I think not yet for Volvo or Lucid. All use AAOS as the underlying infotainment OS.

Does ABRP run within the Rivian UI? I've heard that for Polestar, but I think not yet for Volvo or Lucid. All use AAOS as the underlying infotainment OS.

It just started using terrain calculation and waypoint stops and charge time like in AARP format. Before that it was zilch! Rivian was behind Lucid in route planning options and adding waypoints. They are slowly integrating AARP features, their original Navigation isn’t that strong, but their of map rendering and traffic visualization in ADAS is top notch.

Then I got to next station BRAND NEW EA of SK Signet 350kW dispensers at Fairview, TX. Much faster than Rivian free juice. Quick in and out for experiment.
66% - 77%, 9 min, 17.8 kW at 44c/kW.

View attachment 14354View attachment 14355View attachment 14356

Bottomline, charging infrastructure is improving!
A new EA charging station in Fairview, TX? Do you know an address of rough location? I'm not seeing it yet in the EA or Plugshare Apps yet. Would love to check it out!

A new EA charging station in Fairview, TX? Do you know an address of rough location? I'm not seeing it yet in the EA or Plugshare Apps yet. Would love to check it out!

Not Fairview, but Fairfield. Sorry bout typo.

Sam’s Restaurant
425 I-45 Frontage Rd, Fairfield, TX

31.71802° N, 96.17613° W

It just started using terrain calculation and waypoint stops and charge time like in AARP format. Before that it was zilch! Rivian was behind Lucid in route planning options and adding waypoints. They are slowly integrating AARP features, their original Navigation isn’t that strong, but their of map rendering and traffic visualization in ADAS is top notch.
AARP started autocorrecting for we also. 😂

@MorganB although this may not appear in Lucid Navigation or ABRP, you can try it next time to Houston. I’m going to try my Air on Rivian Adventure Network on my next Dallas road trip.
OH wow thank you! I will give it a try for sure!

Back