ABRP

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
It'd be nice if A Better Route Planner can include info on the status of the chargers.
Or maybe I just don't know how to locate this on ABRP website.
For now, I have to toggle between ABRP and PlugShare and make my own spreadsheet.
And then input the addresses into Waze.
Kind of tedious, but I want to have an alternative to the car's Navigation just in case.

EA app and ChargePoints app are real time charger status. Just use ABRP, then have those other apps ready. (I have yet tried EVGo)

EA app and ChargePoints app are real time charger status. Just use ABRP, then have those other apps ready. (I have yet tried EVGo)
The few times I tried EA app, the info was not accurate. EVGo appeared better and I've even seen their apologies to customers' bad experience.

The few times I tried EA app, the info was not accurate. EVGo appeared better and I've even seen their apologies to customers' bad experience.
At least, it’s more up to date information than EA information in Lucid mobile app where even charging stalls may be outdated info. I hope EA fix that soon.

I think that EA goes out of their way to prevent their charger status from becoming available on third-party apps, and particularly Google Maps and Apple Maps. It would be too easy for a third party to generate charging station reliability figures.

ABRP is not showing Touring yet, only AGT and DE. How are you guys using it to plan a trip given Touring gives 100 miles less than AGT?

I would try using the AGT and set you battery degradation to 18%. In the ABRP settings, battery degradation is under Vehicle.
Also, write to the developers and tell them they need to add the Touring.

In fairness, even Lucid doesn’t list the Touring as “Now Delivering.”

ABRP v4.5.2 now includes the entire Lucid family. Hope it's not just placeholders.

Attachments

• IMG_8637.png
    IMG_8637.png
    186.9 KB · Views: 85
Excellent - glad that development continues under their new ownership. Now if it would only read the Lucid's state of charge ... (even via CarPlay would be good enough)

Incidentally ABRP is borked under iOS 17 beta, but that's not their fault

That would be HUGE for Lucid!

Rivian is a team player. They acquired AARP and still does the right thing. And I’m sure they will open up their charge network to all CCS next year. Meanwhile, I got taste of their free juice in Centerville, Texas. They are right next to Tesla SCN station. I’m making Model-Y jelly.
82741433-B4DD-41DE-9AEB-83EB7861860A.jpeg
ED645256-78C9-4068-967D-4322D0967F89.jpeg
05D85513-1117-470A-911F-C2D4C686C070.jpeg
F98884D9-9213-488F-B7F3-35CFF8A9625A.png
8DB52F19-BB58-416B-8C1A-39B0E7DDD424.jpeg

I had the same experience. The EA app does not show the real status. I used Plugshare to drive from the Bay area to Ottawa Canada and charged at EA. Routing in Plugshare was so much easier than ABRP. I plan to cancel the ABRP premium. I did not use ABRP at all. I drove 3400 miles one way. 70mph HA 75F AC with fan speed 8. Got 4miles per kWh. Charging was a challenge only at Las Vegas because of the waiting time of 1hr and in Green River UT where I had to use my credit card at EA and get reimbursed and it was a slow charger. The route was I-5, I-15, I-70, I-76 I-80 I-94 to Canada

Back