A Sad Farewell

Best of luck, looks like a good car (and way cheaper!) I hope you post your thoughts on the General EV section in the future.

@mnewber1 mind sharing why you decided to go with ioniq5? thank you for your help. you were always helpful and kept the GT tracking up to date.

It is with great sadness that I announce that I have bought an Ioniq 5 and will no longer be active on this forums. I have appreciated all of you and will definitely miss the discussions we've had!
Best of luck. We all make choices and everyone has their own reasons for buying a vehicle. It is just a vehicle, life goes on. You have been a great contributor and I will miss your input.

It is with great sadness that I announce that I have bought an Ioniq 5 and will no longer be active on this forums. I have appreciated all of you and will definitely miss the discussions we've had!
Damn I just saw this. Thanks for all your work on making this site an awesome place! Enjoy the Ioniq5 and the extra cash you’ll have since you didn’t get the Lucid! I like the 80s retro look of the lights and design of the Ioniq5. I don’t fault anyone for any EV choice even though the Lucid is my preference by miles, because EVs are improving transportation and finally reducing awful climate emissions, making the world a less smelly, loud and hot place over time….hopefully.

Hey give us your reviews please

I join the long list of those thanking you wand wishing you well. Our frequent and long trips to TN, GA, AL from NJ to see aging relatives requires range greater than the Ioniq5 or an ICE or tolerance for frequent recharging. So, right now, I am hanging in there for a Pure, hoping that the perfect storm of possibly no tax credit plus increased loan rates, doesn’t happen before mine is available or Lucid is willing to write a sales contract.

Just acquired a BMW ix50 . Traded my 2022 Tesla Model X refresh for it and put 25K in my pocket. So Far it is awesome. Super quiet and great ride on rough payment. Also handles pretty well for an SUV. Much better vehicle than the Tesla model X. Not really comparable to the lucid because it is not as luxurious as the lucid and doesn’t handle as well . I will say that’s BMW’s new Idrive 8 and ADS tech is superior to Lucid. All BMW software and Tech works flawlessly so far . Still love the GT and no plans to sell the Lucid.

Just acquired a BMW ix50 . Traded my 2022 Tesla Model X refresh for it and put 25K in my pocket. So Far it is awesome. Super quiet and great ride on rough payment. Also handles pretty well for an SUV. Much better vehicle than the Tesla model X. Not really comparable to the lucid because it is not as luxurious as the lucid and doesn’t handle as well . I will say that’s BMW’s new Idrive 8 and ADS tech is superior to Lucid. All BMW software and Tech works flawlessly so far . Still love the GT and no plans to sell the Lucid.
I spent the weekend driving an x5 rental car. I forgot how well BMWs handle. German engineering at its best.

so long and thanks for all the posts!
Very close to what the dolphins said in “ the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy “
Best of luck, you will be missed mnweber1

This is like saying “I bought a Dodge sedan and could not wait for the Ford Model A”, circa 1922. Technology always runs forward, not fast enough for some of us, but it always runs forward. Our kids will laugh at us if they ever read these posts.

This is like saying “I bought a Dodge sedan and could not wait for the Ford Model A”, circa 1922. Technology always runs forward, not fast enough for some of us, but it always runs forward. Our kids will laugh at us if they ever read these posts.
Its not like anything. He said what he said and doesn't need your subtitling.

Back