A little trip into the mountains

SteveS

Verified Owner
Cars
2024 Pure
My wife and I are going to spend a few days at Big Bear Lake in the mountains east of LA. It'll be our first driving trip with our Pure RWD. Google Maps suggests something like this.

GoogleSuggestedRoute.png

That route would probably be most efficient, but this route looks a lot more fun. We shall take the long, fun route!

FunRoute.png

My wife and I are going to spend a few days at Big Bear Lake in the mountains east of LA. It'll be our first driving trip with our Pure RWD. Google Maps suggests something like this.

View attachment 21177

That route would probably be most efficient, but this route looks a lot more fun. We shall take the long, fun route!

View attachment 21178
Haha I've done the 2nd route, made my kids car sick, so beware!

Haha I've done the 2nd route, made my kids car sick, so beware!
Yup, I know the roads through Wrightwood well, so I know what I'm getting us into. We'll have no kids and my wife is a very good sport about brisk driving on windy roads, so I'm looking forward to this!

We took the fun route and both it and the car were great! 6 miles of freeway and 125 miles of mountain roads sure beats 75 miles of freeway and 17 miles of mountain roads!

Attachments

• PXL_20240613_181838724.jpg
    PXL_20240613_181838724.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20240613_191427475.jpg
    PXL_20240613_191427475.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 59
Oh, for others' trip planning reference, driving, ahem . . . briskly and gaining 6,000 feet in (net) elevation, we got 2.8 miles/kWh. Better than I expected!

I love it! My family and I did the 2nd route up to Big Bear a few years ago. I was driving our Jag F Pace at the time and got everyone sick including myself! I would be happy to share the info for a good detailer in Tustin if the vehicle needs a little… sprucing up.

Back