A few questions after picking up my car

AirDoll

Referral code - 6DS4HACO
Verified Owner
Cars
GT Zenith Red/Tahoe/21"
Referral Code
6DS4HACO
1. Picked up my car in Millbrae on Friday. There were a few things we had to note on the inspection sheet: charging door not aligned, trim piece at the bottom of windshield popping up on both sides, scratches in front of driver side camera, remnants of adhesive on canopy where it meets with body (definitely not the correct term, haha), indentations in leather in back seat where it looked like something was pushed against it for a long period of time, and a couple of other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Overall, I believe these are all minor and easy to fix. The car was definitely not "detailed" before we picked it up, windshield has a dirty film inside, and there were water spots in many places. This may be the norm, but I did expect a very clean car. Still, overall definitely happy with it!

2. Seems the car gets confused when my husband and I are both there, (I'm set as the primary profile), we both have mobile key on our phones, but only one of us will have the fob (depending on who is driving). Not sure if we should both have mobile key, or if there is a way to disable it temporarily from the app if we both have our phones in the car?

3. Charging: I haven't charged it yet, I typically only drive less than 20 miles a day and still have 130ish miles left in this charge. Is it best to charge every night, or every few nights as needed?

4. Is there a thread or somewhere in the manual that lists what Alexa can do?

5. As of yesterday my car is sidelined in the garage :( I was taking the stickers off the rims, and noticed a bulge/bubble in the sidewall of the tire. Car now deemed dangerous to drive, so am waiting for customer service to let me know the next step for replacement. No way to know if it was there before we picked it up, or from a pothole on the road. I'm assuming Lucid will replace the tire, but at a premium cost to us.

6. Anyone else nervous as hell to drive this car at first? Just me? It's really fun, just a little overwhelming with all the NEW things :)

If you've made it this far, thank you in advance for helping with any of the above, much appreciated!

You'll hear lots of opinions on charging, but the general rule of thumb is to keep the battery between 20% and 80%. I personally charge my Tesla up to 80% most days, but on occasion, when I've only driven a few miles in a day, I'll just leave it for a few days.

The only real way to damage the battery is to charge it to 100% constantly, or to let it drop to 0%. Otherwise, it's under warranty for 8 years, so don't sweat it too much.

2. Seems the car gets confused when my husband and I are both there, (I'm set as the primary profile), we both have mobile key on our phones, but only one of us will have the fob (depending on who is driving). Not sure if we should both have mobile key, or if there is a way to disable it temporarily from the app if we both have our phones in the car?
I think the advice was to carry either the phone or the fob but not both. We use the fob and my wife keeps hers in the faraday pouch if she's not driving. Carry the card key as your backup. If you use the fob, keep a spare battery in the car. The battery that came with the fob was noticeably weaker after just 2 weeks. Lucid gave me two extra batteries so they must be aware there is a problem. People have reported that the new batteries they put in last much longer.

Nervous? Me, no but my wife still hates to back up in the car - she's really nervous about that.

Last edited:
1. Picked up my car in Millbrae on Friday. There were a few things we had to note on the inspection sheet: charging door not aligned, trim piece at the bottom of windshield popping up on both sides, scratches in front of driver side camera, remnants of adhesive on canopy where it meets with body (definitely not the correct term, haha), indentations in leather in back seat where it looked like something was pushed against it for a long period of time, and a couple of other things I can't remember off the top of my head. Overall, I believe these are all minor and easy to fix. The car was definitely not "detailed" before we picked it up, windshield has a dirty film inside, and there were water spots in many places. This may be the norm, but I did expect a very clean car. Still, overall definitely happy with it!

3. Charging: I haven't charged it yet, I typically only drive less than 20 miles a day and still have 130ish miles left in this charge. Is it best to charge every night, or every few nights as needed?

5. As of yesterday my car is sidelined in the garage :( I was taking the stickers off the rims, and noticed a bulge/bubble in the sidewall of the tire. Car now deemed dangerous to drive, so am waiting for customer service to let me know the next step for replacement. No way to know if it was there before we picked it up, or from a pothole on the road. I'm assuming Lucid will replace the tire, but at a premium cost to us.

6. Anyone else nervous as hell to drive this car at first? Just me? It's really fun, just a little overwhelming with all the NEW things :)

If you've made it this far, thank you in advance for helping with any of the above, much appreciated!
Have you provided your list of concerns to Christopher? He is probably your service advisor and will be able to address all if them for you, other than #6 of course. If you call the 24 hour number, they will connect you with him.

I think the advice was to carry either the phone or the fob but not both. We use the fob and my wife keeps hers in the faraday pouch if she's not driving. Carry the card key as your backup.
Since my phone is always with me, I guess I need to either trust the mobile key or remove it from the profile and use the fob.

Have you provided your list of concerns to Christopher? He is probably your service advisor and will be able to address all if them for you, other than #6 of course. If you call the 24 hour number, they will connect you with him.
Thank you! Yes, have been texting with him this morning. The tow truck just left my house with the car to take back to Millbrae. He said if the walk through list issues are minor and quick they can address at the same time as the tire which is obviously taking priority and the reason for the tow, but if not, then they will just do the tire, and send a mobile truck from Rocklin to address those punch list items. He said the Millbrae service center is slammed right now.

Since my phone is always with me, I guess I need to either trust the mobile key or remove it from the profile and use the fob.
Several have found the mobile key to be unreliable at current software level but the beta team says it's rock solid in 2.0 so just a few weeks max before you can leave the fob home without worry.

Several have found the mobile key to be unreliable at current software level but the beta team says it's rock solid in 2.0 so just a few weeks max before you can leave the fob home without worry.
I had no end of issues with the mobile key on 1.0, but it has been so flawless on 2.0 I literally forgot where my fob was today.

Curious with the charging door, could you open it from the outside? My door also needs a minor adjustment and I can not open it manually.

Curious with the charging door, could you open it from the outside? My door also needs a minor adjustment and I can not open it manually.
It opened but from the app. When it closed again, the alignment was better but I still had them add it to the list. I haven’t opened it again since then.

I am lucky enough till date did not find issue. But your experience will help new buyer definitely

I had no end of issues with the mobile key on 1.0, but it has been so flawless on 2.0 I literally forgot where my fob was today.
Do you share the car with anyone else? I wonder how things work if there's two mobile keys present 🤞

Do you share the car with anyone else? I wonder how things work if there's two mobile keys present 🤞
Yup. My wife. It works great. It picks up which one of us is at the driver door. I don’t know how, but it has not given me issues on 2.0. Once or twice I had to press the door handle, but it opened within a second.

Yup. My wife. It works great. It picks up which one of us is at the driver door. I don’t know how, but it has not given me issues on 2.0. Once or twice I had to press the door handle, but it opened within a second.
Wow! 2.0 can't come soon enough 😁

Super excited for 2.0 and to get mine back from PPF/tint/silvery exterior bits tint

See, mine doesn't do this very well in SW1.0

My wife gets in after me, and we have key / Face Detection enabled... but the car tries to trash-compactor me with her seat settings each time! We haven't touched any settings since we set it up and picked it up from Lucid...

It's kinda funny for her and all, but I'm planning to do a complete vehicle reset and bring it back to Lucid and see if the homies will walk me through the setup one more time, just so I know it isn't me

Yes, you push in at the bottom edge of the charging door and it will open. To close it (it will auto close when you remove the cable), you push gently upwards at the bottom edge of charging door.

Ah if it’s a bulging side-wall you must have the 21”. Lucid should replace that at no cost. Their mobile service vehicle is equipped to do that and quite used to it.

As for Alexa I think maybe @borski has a list of what Alexa can do in software 2.0.x which you should get soon (a couple weeks?), in the meantime Alexa can navigate, change temperature, play the news, play requested songs, though not bug free and it takes about 2-3 minutes after driving before Alexa comes online, but per reports that’s fixed in the new software.

My wife gets in after me, and we have key / Face Detection enabled... but the car tries to trash-compactor me with her seat settings each time! We haven't touched any settings since we set it up and picked it up from Lucid...

Me too! I am hopeful that SW2.0 resolves this.

Me too! I am hopeful that SW2.0 resolves this.
Man, I am glad I am not the only one. Was beginning to think my tech-geekery type of know-how was slipping...

I asked Lucid about storage space and hardware specs (RAM, Proc, etc) they're using to get an idea of what I bought and they never responded to me.

Honestly lost hope for the car until I found this forum, learned about upcoming 2.0, etc.

Back