A/C and Software Update

purejoy

Cars
Pure
Did anyone else experience the AC is not as powerful since today's update? It's 100 degrees in TX but. my Lucid Pure would not cool down well. It's been 100 here before but today the air coming from the chest/body vent seemed minimal.

Have you had an opportunity to upgrade to the newest version? It has a max AC function. Some have experienced a bug where you need to cycle through the various zones then back to the one of choice.

Also, it may be to your advantage to use search to get answers to questions. This has been discussed:

Ditto from what Bobby said. Cycle the AC through defrost, face, floor, recirc, zones etc. Frank from mobile service told me that if I ever had issues with it not feeling like the AC is coming through the vents, to cycle through the options and back to the vents. sometimes the software gets “stuck”. Again, love the car, but the software can be frustrating.

Did anyone else experience the AC is not as powerful since today's update? It's 100 degrees in TX but. my Lucid Pure would not cool down well. It's been 100 here before but today the air coming from the chest/body vent seemed minimal.
I have found that sometimes you have to go and change the output to the defrost, turn off the chest, turn back on the chest and turn off the defrost...

It also helps to turn on the rear AC.

Ditto from what Bobby said. Cycle the AC through defrost, face, floor, recirc, zones etc. Frank from mobile service told me that if I ever had issues with it not feeling like the AC is coming through the vents, to cycle through the options and back to the vents. sometimes the software gets “stuck”. Again, love the car, but the software can be frustrating.

Unfortunately, this is more voodoo; It does nothing.

Since 2.1.2 - anecdotally - I've noticed that on recent 90+ degree days the car does absolutely fine with turning on AC automatically as necessary. Which is a marked improvement from the previous couple months of updates, even when the temperatures weren't so high.

This absolutely works for me, so if it does nothing for you, that may be a sign something is more deeply wrong with your car.

While it may not be intentional, race conditions and state issues do crop up. I’ve definitely had the UI not match reality; that is, the face vents will be on in the UI but air is coming out of the defrost vents. Toggling it (and defrost) on and off forces an actual state change, and I get air through my face vents.

Back