A bullish article. Imagine that?

AZLucidGuy

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT, Tesla 3
Well said… I remain bullish…

“This is the most impressive confluence of talent in the EV industry outside of Tesla. And it’s not even close. Lucid Motors’ management team stacks up equally to the titan. And considering the current trend of Tesla losing talent and Lucid Motors gaining it, the latter will have much more talent than Tesla by 2025.

And indeed, with this remarkable engineering and design team behind it, Lucid has developed, tested, and fine-tuned some of the industry’s most impressive technology.

To answer your question, yes, this technology beats Tesla’s EV tech on every key performance indicator.”

I agree with this 100%

"By making and selling $40,000 Model 3s (which look a lot like Model Ss) to college kids, Tesla has eroded its brand equity"

When I was debating my next EV is was either Tesla or Lucid. IF I chose the Tesla I was going to go with the Model Y. Why? because I didn't want to pay the premium for the X when the tech in them is practically the same and the cars look very similar. I saw it as you're paying a premium to get a speedometer. The Tesla look still holds up but it's OLD and with the S and X refresh they really did nothing to the look of the car except change the inside. If you look at a Model S,3,Y,X from behind at a distance they're almost impossible to tell apart and I think its time Tesla did something different.

The same will apply to Lucid. If i'm paying $80K+ for a car and they release a lower priced model it needs to look DIFFERENT because if not, what's the point of paying the premium if you can basically get the same tech under the body with cheaper materials and similar look.

I agree with this 100%

"By making and selling $40,000 Model 3s (which look a lot like Model Ss) to college kids, Tesla has eroded its brand equity"

When I was debating my next EV is was either Tesla or Lucid. IF I chose the Tesla I was going to go with the Model Y. Why? because I didn't want to pay the premium for the X when the tech in them is practically the same and the cars look very similar. I saw it as you're paying a premium to get a speedometer. The Tesla look still holds up but it's OLD and with the S and X refresh they really did nothing to the look of the car except change the inside. If you look at a Model S,3,Y,X from behind at a distance they're almost impossible to tell apart and I think its time Tesla did something different.

The same will apply to Lucid. If i'm paying $80K+ for a car and they release a lower priced model it needs to look DIFFERENT because if not, what's the point of paying the premium if you can basically get the same tech under the body with cheaper materials and similar look.
I'm sure the lower price won't get the nice interiors. Agree, their smaller car should not make the Air redundant.

The world needs a small electric car that fills the need for 95% of the driving...something the size of a Fiat 500 with a relyable range of 100-150 miles. I can see these being like electric scooters and bikes all over Manhattan ...eventually rentable city-provided utilities. Peter has an interview where he talks about his vision for the future of EVs. His strategy makes sense to me.
He's surrounded himself with good people.

Lot of people don't understand the longterm plan. Easy to sit in an armchair and say Lucid should have started with a 50k car or Air is too expensive.

Lot of people don't understand the longterm plan. Easy to sit in an armchair and say Lucid should have started with a 50k car or Air is too expensive.
Exactly. Lucid could not start with a high volume car while building out the AMP-1 expansion. In a few years that expanded factory will be cranking out three different platforms (Air, Gravity SUV and yet unnamed Model 3 killer — Lucid Cloud?) all in multiple trims. Going to be amazing.

Back