80% Charge range lowering

Amster
Do you home charge or DCFC?
About 75% DCF, 25% at home, which is why I'm surprised my number is so good. There's an EA site 5 miles from my house and I have free charging until next March, so if we're not busy we take it over there.

I’m at 19 months ownership with 15k miles
Overall about 50/50 home and DC
Still at 515 when I rarely get it to 100%
No drop off yet

I've barely ever charged it to 100% (7 or 8 times?), and I've only used DCFC maybe 10 times? 99% of the time I use the free semaconnect chargers I have access to, and that charges very slow (5 kWh or 24 mi/hour). I was getting curious/concerned and wanted to know if others saw a sudden drop off over the course of 2-3 months.

I've barely ever charged it to 100% (7 or 8 times?), and I've only used DCFC maybe 10 times? 99% of the time I use the free semaconnect chargers I have access to, and that charges very slow (5 kWh or 24 mi/hour). I was getting curious/concerned and wanted to know if others saw a sudden drop off over the course of 2-3 months.
Don't worry too much about it; I wouldn't put too much stock into what what the miles remaining is displaying. There have been reports about the number being above EPA in this thread, which shouldn't happen if the miles remaining was truly based only on EPA. I can only guess that it somehow puts into account driving style and/or conditions, but I don't believe anything has been determined to be conclusive on how Lucid determines this number.

I think a better way to estimate your battery health would be to estimate your total kW after taking a long trip. For example, I recently took an approximately 253 mile trip that used roughly 67 kW (according to Trip A and was reset right at the start of the trip) and ended up with just under 18% remaining (just ticked over to 17% as I was parking at my destination). I started the trip right above 95% so about 77% was used for the trip.

67 / 0.77 = ~87 kW

This is far better than what my car is suggesting in the miles remaining at 100%, which I extrapolated to be just about 397 miles out of the 410 miles EPA-rated, or about 96.8% of the battery = 85.2 kW. The kW used according to Trip A is rounded so it could've been something like actually 66.5 kW used, but even then it would be at about 86.4 kW. Still better than what the miles remaining is suggesting at the worst case (I even stopped for about 10 minutes and kept the car in Keep Mode in 112 degree weather near the end to pick up some food, so I probably used a little bit more versus what Trip A is saying). Anyways, I determine my battery is likely somewhere in the 86.5 kW - 87.5 kW range after 7000 miles at roughly 45% DCFC and 55% Level 1/Level 2 charging.

Back