Unverified AGT Owner :)
TSCN
7 autos CN
EA
EVGo
RIVN
Charge Point

More bigger network, the merrier!

I hope they build more than 6 at a spot. It's crazy to be lining up at 6 chargers and Tesla has like 20 across the street.

I hope they build more than 6 at a spot. It's crazy to be lining up at 6 chargers and Tesla has like 20 across the street.

More than 75% of BEVs on American roads are Teslas.

6 would be fine for now if they are all worked at rated speed 97% plus of the time.

Being out of service for months while Superchargers are down 3 business days at most is unacceptable.

When a Supercharger goes down Tesla HQ knows about it right away because the Supercharger shoots an error code online to the mothership.

When an EA DC fastcharger goes down or is derated EA doesn't know until an employee inspects the charger or a customer complains.

They did state there would be 10-20 plugs at each station. Higher density, but the chargers should be more spread out. Hopefully this will be better than the half-assed workaround that EA was, since they are all voluntarily doing this.

When an EA DC fastcharger goes down or is derated EA doesn't know until an employee inspects the charger or a customer complains.

That is bonkers. That is something I would have assumed to be basic when building out a network. I don't know if they need more techs or what but even when they know a charger is down, it's down for an unacceptably long time.

They did state there would be 10-20 plugs at each station. Higher density, but the chargers should be more spread out. Hopefully this will be better than the half-assed workaround that EA was, since they are all voluntarily doing this.
That is good. I'd like to see more at rest stops. I can only speak to the northeast but many of the EA chargers are 5-10 minutes off the highway at a Walmart.

I also question the idea of placing chargers at locations where people can spend a big chunk of time wandering like malls. I posit that most people don't want to hang around for an 40-60 minutes at a rest stop. Which encourages juice up and go.

TSCN
7 autos CN
EA
EVGo
RIVN
Charge Point

More bigger network, the merrier!
Along the major routes/highways is what I like the most. On my trip up to Massachusetts next month, in order for me the use the free EA chargers off I-95 in Connecticut, I'll have to drive miles off 95 for it. Not worth it. I just downloaded the AG Electric AppleGreen app to access the DCFC chargers right along the Connecticut "turnpike" i.e. I-95. I was going to see if I could make it to Providence since I know exactly where that EA station is but it's not worth stress. I'll stop in Connecticut. The more options the better.

That is good. I'd like to see more at rest stops. I can only speak to the northeast but many of the EA chargers are 5-10 minutes off the highway at a Walmart.

I also question the idea of placing chargers at locations where people can spend a big chunk of time wandering like malls. I posit that most people don't want to hang around for an 40-60 minutes at a rest stop. Which encourages juice up and go.
Same here, too far off the highway for my taste. My local EA at a Sheets in Carlisle, PA is 6 minutes off the turnpike and 10 minutes from I-81 in one lane, two way traffic. Pain in the butt. EA is planning to put another one at the Travel Centers of America Truck stop that will be closer, but when I drove out there last night, no work has begun on installation. This location is literally right off I-81 in Harrisburg so that will be helpful.

Along the major routes/highways is what I like the most. On my trip up to Massachusetts next month, in order for me the use the free EA chargers off I-95 in Connecticut, I'll have to drive miles off 95 for it. Not worth it. I just downloaded the AG Electric AppleGreen app to access the DCFC chargers right along the Connecticut "turnpike" i.e. I-95. I was going to see if I could make it to Providence since I know exactly where that EA station is but it's not worth stress. I'll stop in Connecticut. The more options the better.

So far in Texas, every EA station I’ve been is next to freeway. I’ll wait for the day, parking lot of every Walmart, IKEA and mall has a DCFC station.

So far in Texas, every EA station I’ve been is next to freeway. I’ll wait for the day, parking lot of every Walmart, IKEA and mall has a DCFC station.
You're lucky.

I stopped at the EA in the Waterford Commons mall. About 4 miles off 95 during the RI meetup last weekend. Unfortunately 5/6 stations were down and it looks to still be that way according to PlugShare. Providence was my plan B.

The state of EA makes me so sad... Again another Fail for Lucid because of charging infrastructure. Such a shame, and it pisses me off nothing is being done about it and I feel like Lucid won't even acknowledge it publicly.

The state of EA makes me so sad... Again another Fail for Lucid because of charging infrastructure. Such a shame, and it pisses me off nothing is being done about it and I feel like Lucid won't even acknowledge it publicly.
Lucid will acknowledge it, at least in a way, by cutting ties with EA altogether soon. They are likely working on whatever comes next as we speak.

Believe me, they are well aware their association with EA has been damaging the brand.

Lucid will acknowledge it, at least in a way, by cutting ties with EA altogether soon. They are likely working on whatever comes next as we speak.

Believe me, they are well aware their association with EA has been damaging the brand.
I feel for those that have issues with EA, I've had much better luck myself, but I know people who are being driven away from Lucid because of EA. And it sucks for the brand.
I personally only use EVGO or will only take routes that have multiple chargers unless there's a overnight level 2 at whatever destination.

Ultimately requires a lot of planning that new EV owners are not prepared for.

Back