5.0 miles/kWh: Say Hello to the World's Most Efficient Car

mcr16

LUCID Team Member
LUCID Official
"The new Lucid Air Pure delivers 420 miles of EPA-estimated range from a battery pack that is just 84 kilowatt-hours. Enabled by further advancements of Lucid’s groundbreaking technology, this makes the Lucid Air the first vehicle in the world to achieve a ratio of 5.0 miles of range per kilowatt hour (kWh) of energy."

"The new Lucid Air Pure delivers 420 miles of EPA-estimated range from a battery pack that is just 84 kilowatt-hours. Enabled by further advancements of Lucid’s groundbreaking technology, this makes the Lucid Air the first vehicle in the world to achieve a ratio of 5.0 miles of range per kilowatt hour (kWh) of energy."

YESSS! This is such an important milestone for the EV world that it's almost impossible to describe without excessive hyperbole. I'm so happy for the team!

DreamDrive Premium is also standard across all cars, with the upgraded Sapphire chips and a heat pump also being across all 2025 model years... this is such a fantastic and unexpected update, given the relative recency of 2024 models.

Marqie, as a result of the smaller battery, is the Pure expected to lose weight? This will make it even better handling!

Last edited:
YESSS! This is such an important milestone for the EV world that it's almost impossible to describe without excessive hyperboles. I'm so happy for the team!

DreamDrive Premium is also standard across all cars, with the upgraded Sapphire chips and a heat pump also being across all 2025 model years... this is such a fantastic and unexpected update, given the relative recency of 2024 models.

Marqie, as a result of the smaller battery, is the Pure expected to lose weight? This will make it EVEN better handling!
Furthermore, DreamDrive Pro is now only 2500 dollars on top of the standard premium. Lucid evolving and listening to almost everybody's feedback here on the forum is fantastic, as the price of these options have been commonly talked about here. The Pro system is now a bargain, at least to me!

Some other changes not mentioned in the press release that I spotted in the configurator:

The Mojave PurLuxe interior now has the fabric headliner that was originally standard for 2022 Pures (none were actually delivered, but Alcantara was an 800 dollar option for the very first owners).

Any leather interior has the same finishes as the GT did previously, with Alcantara on the dash/doors (where on Tourings and leather-equipped Pures, it was "full grain leather").

The volume knob as well as the dials on the steering wheel appear to have a bronze-like finish on Purluxe interiors, although I'm betting this is a rendering error.

Last edited:
As its previously been mentioned by executives that all 2025 Lucid models would have NACS, I'm curious as to whether this car has it. As it was not mentioned in the press release, I would assume not. Perhaps they meant it was coming out in 2025 (as a 2026 model), which would be slightly ahead of the Gravity?

So the 2024 GTs were available for like a month and then the 2025 models launched?

Did they make changes in the battery and motors in the 25 model vs the previous one? It looks like a smaller battery.

Did they make changes in the battery and motors in the 25 model vs the previous one? It looks like a smaller battery.
We do not know about the motors, but yes, there is a smaller battery. It is now 84 kwh on the Pure. Interestingly, the Touring seems to be the same.

Lucid also states that all 2025 Air variants have gotten a control hardware upgrade resulting in triple the processing power and twice the memory compared to the previous generation. The result promises “significantly enhanced and faster in-car infotainment experience.”

I find it interesting that Lucid only mentions these upgrades to the control hardware as promising infotainment-related improvements. Wouldn't such an upgrade potentially enable other system improvements? Specifically, it makes me wonder if DreamDrive Pro enhancements that would be possible with upgraded control hardware would not be possible with the prior/current generation control hardware. That then leads me to wonder if Lucid can/would be able to upgrade the control hardware of existing Air models in order to fulfill the paid-for-pricey promise of DreamDrive Pro. If that can be done, and if that is what it takes to 'fill the order', then I think they certainly should.

Awesome. Guessing same setup as Gravity?

Also wonder if this hardware is upgradeable for previous models.
As I said earlier, I'm guessing that it is the same setup in the Sapphire, which is different from the Gravity chips. I only think this because the Sapphire chips have already been used in an Air, while Gravity's hasn't. It would make logical sense to bring the Sapphire setup to the rest of the lineup.

Lucid also states that all 2025 Air variants have gotten a control hardware upgrade resulting in triple the processing power and twice the memory compared to the previous generation. The result promises “significantly enhanced and faster in-car infotainment experience.”

I find it interesting that Lucid only mentions these upgrades to the control hardware as promising infotainment-related improvements. Wouldn't such an upgrade potentially enable other system improvements? Specifically, it makes me wonder if DreamDrive Pro enhancements that would be possible with upgraded control hardware would not be possible with the prior/current generation control hardware. That then leads me to wonder if Lucid can/would be able to upgrade the control hardware of existing Air models in order to fulfill the paid-for-pricey promise of DreamDrive Pro. If that can be done, and if that is what it takes to 'fill the order', then I think they certainly should.
IF the new hardware is needed for the promised features of DDPro (Highway Pilot, etc), then I would expect an update as you do. However, if it can be done with the old chips, I would not expect an upgrade.

Agree, this makes sense. Or did they say infotainment so they need not upgrade DDpro cars?

We do not know about the motors, but yes, there is a smaller battery. It is now 84 kwh on the Pure. Interestingly, the Touring seems to be the same.
That's the exact same size HMG is using in the refreshed 2025 IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6 so customers can actually compare the range apples-to-apples!

I suppose this efficiency improvement is part software too. If so, hoping those would be pushed to existing models.

Very smart to release the 2025 model improvements including the impressive 5.0 mi/kWhr before Gravity takes the spotlight off of the Air.
I wonder if Gravity will have some efficiency improvements as well?

Back