3D Printer

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Kinda off the normal topics but I am looking to purchase a 3D printer. Mainly interested in making a few parts, like the phone charger adapter for the Lucid that Bobby described. Any recommendations?
Thanks

I have an anycubic kobra 2 which has been great.

Bambu X1 Carbon is great if you want to use multiple colors. Very fast too.

What would be your programming source for the printer?

We own a Prusa MK4 and love it. The Bambu options are also good, but I personally love the open-source nature of the Prusa.

I find it interesting that we all seem to have picked different printers haha

I have a Luzbot 3D printer and I love it.

Bambu labs for sure. They are for makers. Every other brand is a tinkerer’s toy.
I’ve made light covers, boxes, models, shelf organizers, all sorts of stuff.

Regarding software, I use openscad for modeling and the slicer bambu labs supplies. Prior to the bambu I used cura. Like I said, the bambu flow generally just works. The other printers and slicers usually required a few tweaks to get a good print.

Last edited:
Bambu labs for sure. They are for makers. Every other brand is a tinkerer’s toy.
Prusa MK4 has been entirely plug and play, fwiw, unless using fancy TPU or other fancy filaments.

The generic settings in PrusaSlicer work extremely well, and they have settings for most brands of filament.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear these positive Bambu reviews, I coincidentally just received an X1C in the mail today. My late Christmas gift to myself.

Back