3 Months Experience

MSH2

Cars
Lucid GT(on order)
I received my GT(Red, Tahoe, 21" wheels) end of September last year. It was delivered to our place in Naples Fl. The person did a great job. The only two issues were the charge door didn't open from the outside and we couldn't get Alexa to work. When they came to fix the charge door I noticed a piece of trim under the right front fender had come loose. I must have scraped it on a parking bumper. Victor who came from the other coast fixed that and the charge port door. He got Alexa to work but still had problems. A couple of weeks ago a piece of trim on the speed control for cruise control fell off. Edgar who is new and lives in Fort Myers came out in a huge Lucid Van with a fairly complete workshop in it. He replaced the steering wheel. I can't tell you how much of a difference that made. I hadn't read the threads about the creaky steering wheel, but I had experienced it. The steering is now so quiet and tight. It made all the difference in the world. The front piece of trim came loose again and he fixed it. The little plastic clips that hold it on look and are really flimsy. This has to be a cheap and easy fix unlike the steering wheel which had to be expensive. Edgar got my contact list on my i-phone downloaded but still couldn't get Alexa to make calls. I gather this is a common problem and I am sure they will fix it.

I am 76 and have always loved cars. I have owned Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis all my life. This is my favorite and most probably my last car. I am use to having a car being its best the day it is delivered. Obviously with all the downloads and updates the world has changed. I knew there were risks buying a brand new car from a new car company. I read lots of reviews and drove to West Palm Beach twice to see and then drive a GT. I have been really impressed with the delivery process and the two service calls. I know they are trying hard to get the software bugs fixed and make it Apple compatible. For the GT's, at least in my case, this is all they need to do as I am not a music buff and listen to podcasts most of the time. All owners have a vested interested in doing everything we can to promote the brands. We need Lucid to grow and be profitable. We need their service capability to continue to expand. Having a service rep on the Gulf Coast has made a huge difference in response time. Tesla which has a service center 50 miles from Naples, is now building one in Naples. I don't know how long it will take to get to that level but it would be nice to have one in South West Florida. Producing a car like this, which is an engineering and technological marvel, in the time they have is incredible. It is so much better than a Tesla in so many ways. A friend ordered a Taycan a few months before I ordered my Lucid. It has been in the shop frequently. They finally had to replace all the computer screens and electronics. It took weeks and needless to say he was furious. Porsche has always said "Porsche, there is no substitute." Well now there is!

Thanks for sharing. I agree with your comment about the state of the car at the point of delivery and agree with the revolutionary shift to software playing a huge factor in operation. I do have to say that I prefer OTA updates to the physical taking in a car for updates.

I also agree with your desire for Lucid to be successful because we all win in the end and there will be further adoption of EVs.

MSH2 Hello great piece on your ride, thanks for sharing. I'm looking at a few Lucid's now for ownership as well. Looks like the company is fairly responsible.

Enjoy your ride - Mike

I received my GT(Red, Tahoe, 21" wheels) end of September last year. It was delivered to our place in Naples Fl. The person did a great job. The only two issues were the charge door didn't open from the outside and we couldn't get Alexa to work. When they came to fix the charge door I noticed a piece of trim under the right front fender had come loose. I must have scraped it on a parking bumper. Victor who came from the other coast fixed that and the charge port door. He got Alexa to work but still had problems. A couple of weeks ago a piece of trim on the speed control for cruise control fell off. Edgar who is new and lives in Fort Myers came out in a huge Lucid Van with a fairly complete workshop in it. He replaced the steering wheel. I can't tell you how much of a difference that made. I hadn't read the threads about the creaky steering wheel, but I had experienced it. The steering is now so quiet and tight. It made all the difference in the world. The front piece of trim came loose again and he fixed it. The little plastic clips that hold it on look and are really flimsy. This has to be a cheap and easy fix unlike the steering wheel which had to be expensive. Edgar got my contact list on my i-phone downloaded but still couldn't get Alexa to make calls. I gather this is a common problem and I am sure they will fix it.

I am 76 and have always loved cars. I have owned Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis all my life. This is my favorite and most probably my last car. I am use to having a car being its best the day it is delivered. Obviously with all the downloads and updates the world has changed. I knew there were risks buying a brand new car from a new car company. I read lots of reviews and drove to West Palm Beach twice to see and then drive a GT. I have been really impressed with the delivery process and the two service calls. I know they are trying hard to get the software bugs fixed and make it Apple compatible. For the GT's, at least in my case, this is all they need to do as I am not a music buff and listen to podcasts most of the time. All owners have a vested interested in doing everything we can to promote the brands. We need Lucid to grow and be profitable. We need their service capability to continue to expand. Having a service rep on the Gulf Coast has made a huge difference in response time. Tesla which has a service center 50 miles from Naples, is now building one in Naples. I don't know how long it will take to get to that level but it would be nice to have one in South West Florida. Producing a car like this, which is an engineering and technological marvel, in the time they have is incredible. It is so much better than a Tesla in so many ways. A friend ordered a Taycan a few months before I ordered my Lucid. It has been in the shop frequently. They finally had to replace all the computer screens and electronics. It took weeks and needless to say he was furious. Porsche has always said "Porsche, there is no substitute." Well now there is!
Your wonderful (and kind of brave) story has definitely been the thumb on the scale for me. Im going to go ahead and get the new AGTP and simply eat the depreciation, in order to support Lucid.

And im going to buy a ton of shares to hold.

Back