3.5 ?

Hopefully they haven't given up on it
If they have given up, I would expect a class action lawsuit. Those of us who paid for the Tech Package have paid approximately $2300 (if you subtract out the power package and underwhelming dynamic ambient lighting) for a HUD that is basically comparable to the HUD on my daughters 10 year old Buick that was a $500 option.
 
After listening to the Investor Presentation today it’s clear the focus and resources are being re-purposed into the mid-sized platform to drive volume (revenues) in order to get to profitability in 2029. I can’t completely disagree with that from a business standpoint. We want Lucid to succeed, otherwise I’ve got a paperweight.

I don’t know if the omission of the Augmented Reality HUD in today’s presentation was deliberate or not, but I’m not holding my breath that we see it this year in a software update. I’m not sure what percentage of vehicles have the HUD, but I bet it’s less than 50%. So, in the hierarchy of needs it’s a nice-to-have software update, but not a must-have software update for the company.

Once the Cosmos/Earth rollout we Gravity owners may be relegated to only a couple of OTA updates a year. That’s the case for the current Air owners. When I went to the Atlanta Owners event the Air owners told me they hadn’t had a significant OTA in,I think, 9 months. They were unaware that the Air was going to get a software re-write later this year to make it more like UI/UX 3.0. I suddenly saw our (Gravity owners) future.
 
They were unaware that the Air was going to get a software re-write later this year to make it more like UI/UX 3.0. I suddenly saw our (Gravity owners) future.
Was interesting to notice that UX 4.0 was only called out for Cosmos and Earth also.
 
did anyone get the 3.5 update yet?
In another thread on this site someone said that they saw online that the 3.5 update would be seen only via the Lucid app version 3.14 which will roll out from Apple tomorrow. That might not be right, it could be that the app 3.14 is part of the update.
 
Last edited:
I just had my Gravity in for service this afternoon. Without me even asking, the tech tried to get it upgraded to 3.5 while it was in service. When the tech asked the corporate folks to push it to my Gravity, the tech was told it is not being rolled out to customer vehicles right now. The tech and I were both very surprised given yesterday's announcement. The tech did not share any info as to why it has not started rolling out to customer vehicles. Hopefully it will start showing up tomorrow.
 
After listening to the Investor Presentation today it’s clear the focus and resources are being re-purposed into the mid-sized platform to drive volume (revenues) in order to get to profitability in 2029. I can’t completely disagree with that from a business standpoint. We want Lucid to succeed, otherwise I’ve got a paperweight.

I don’t know if the omission of the Augmented Reality HUD in today’s presentation was deliberate or not, but I’m not holding my breath that we see it this year in a software update. I’m not sure what percentage of vehicles have the HUD, but I bet it’s less than 50%. So, in the hierarchy of needs it’s a nice-to-have software update, but not a must-have software update for the company.

Once the Cosmos/Earth rollout we Gravity owners may be relegated to only a couple of OTA updates a year. That’s the case for the current Air owners. When I went to the Atlanta Owners event the Air owners told me they hadn’t had a significant OTA in,I think, 9 months. They were unaware that the Air was going to get a software re-write later this year to make it more like UI/UX 3.0. I suddenly saw our (Gravity owners) future.
This is another reason why it makes more sense to lease, rather than buy a Lucid at this time.
 
This is another reason why it makes more sense to lease, rather than buy a Lucid at this time.
Which I did. I always buy, but this time I leased.
 
This is another reason why it makes more sense to lease, rather than buy a Lucid at this time.
I am leasing my Gravity. If the augmented reality features finally get delivered 1 1/2 years into my 3 year lease, I will have only gotten 50% usage of this feature that I paid a significant amount for this option.
 
In another thread on this site someone said that they saw online that the 3.5 update would be seen only via the Lucid app version 3.14 which will roll out from Apple tomorrow.
They read that wrong, the patch notes for 3.5 say some of the features will require the new app version - it says nothing about the update requiring it.
 
somehow they always push updates on Fridays or weekends, at least that's what I've been noticing with my GT for the last 2-3 updates
That just seems like a way to guarantee having to deal with angry customers and/or oncall over the weekend. Though since we know that these rollouts are staggered and rolling, I wouldn't be surprised if the weekend is used to get a small number of vehicles up (in software deployment it'd be called the canary), and then increase numbers throughout the week.
 
They read that wrong, the patch notes for 3.5 say some of the features will require the new app version - it says nothing about the update requiring it.
Right, the standard way to do this is to confirm the right version number on both the app + car sides, to then enable the feature. Or better yet, when you trigger something from the app (say, the remote start function), the car can either go "I know what that is and okay, here you go" when it has the right version or error if it hasn't been updated, doing essentially the same two-sided version checking. It'd be weird for the car to be unable to update w/o the app being updated.
 
This is another reason why it makes more sense to lease, rather than buy a Lucid at this time.
I was thinking the same... Unfortunately I bought mine and I regret doing so
 
I am leasing my Gravity. If the augmented reality features finally get delivered 1 1/2 years into my 3 year lease, I will have only gotten 50% usage of this feature that I paid a significant amount for this option.
That’s the problem. Lucid did this with DD Pro for the Air and they’re repeating history with the Gravity. It’s not a good look to swindle people out of money and think it’s ok to just delay for god knows how long. If I wanted to be treated like that I would’ve purchased a Tesla!
 
Paak is coming this summer according to what I heard on today’s Lucid Investor call. Full hands-free in Q2 for highway and end of year for city.View attachment 37276
This slide shows "Auto Park In/Out" as available now.

There is a button for this, but I've tried it dozens of times and never gotten it to do anything. I've never seen a successful report on the forums.

Has anyone ever gotten their Gravity to auto-park? I don't really care -- this has always been a gimmick on my Tesla -- but the fact that they keep making a big deal of it on vehicle specs and roadmaps is a bit grating. Why not put "sefl-powered flight" on it if we're going to sell based on features that have never worked in any vehicle?
 
This slide shows "Auto Park In/Out" as available now.

There is a button for this, but I've tried it dozens of times and never gotten it to do anything. I've never seen a successful report on the forums.

Has anyone ever gotten their Gravity to auto-park? I don't really care -- this has always been a gimmick on my Tesla -- but the fact that they keep making a big deal of it on vehicle specs and roadmaps is a bit grating. Why not put "sefl-powered flight" on it if we're going to sell based on features that have never worked in any vehicle?
I've been able to trigger it and have it attempt to park a few times but I've always overridden it because it's super glitchy. It makes a ton of tiny back and forth adjustments trying to get in the space so it takes way too long and it comes disconcertingly close to hitting the car next to it while doing it.
 
This slide shows "Auto Park In/Out" as available now.

There is a button for this, but I've tried it dozens of times and never gotten it to do anything. I've never seen a successful report on the forums.

Has anyone ever gotten their Gravity to auto-park? I don't really care -- this has always been a gimmick on my Tesla -- but the fact that they keep making a big deal of it on vehicle specs and roadmaps is a bit grating. Why not put "sefl-powered flight" on it if we're going to sell based on features that have never worked in any vehicle?
Have used it successfully twice. For parallel parking only. Pretty cool to watch it nail the spot. Not easy to trigger or would use it more often. And haven’t been able to trigger it for any other type of parking spot.
 
This slide shows "Auto Park In/Out" as available now.

There is a button for this, but I've tried it dozens of times and never gotten it to do anything. I've never seen a successful report on the forums.

Has anyone ever gotten their Gravity to auto-park? I don't really care -- this has always been a gimmick on my Tesla -- but the fact that they keep making a big deal of it on vehicle specs and roadmaps is a bit grating. Why not put "sefl-powered flight" on it if we're going to sell based on features that have never worked in any vehicle?
Have never gotten it to engage and have tried tons of times on spaces with very clear parking lines. I don’t care though. I can park myself.

I DO/will care if we don’t get meaningful updates for the life of the car. We just got rid of a 10 year old X that was still getting regular updates. Yes, they were hardware limited, but it was far more capable ten years later than it was in 2016.
 
I just had my Gravity in for service this afternoon. Without me even asking, the tech tried to get it upgraded to 3.5 while it was in service. When the tech asked the corporate folks to push it to my Gravity, the tech was told it is not being rolled out to customer vehicles right now. The tech and I were both very surprised given yesterday's announcement. The tech did not share any info as to why it has not started rolling out to customer vehicles. Hopefully it will start showing up tomorrow.
The rollout of the UX 3.5 software release has started already. Typically, it takes a few days for everyone to get it as we don’t rollout it to all customers immediately, but let me know if you don’t receive within a week.
 
Back
Top