3.0 on Air

Thank you. $250 for the labor is not much at all. I am assuming one hour of labor.
Mine was done in my garage / driveway. Took a little more than an hour. Much of that was confirming and re-establishing connectivity.
 
What makes you say that UX 3.0 does not require more computing power? I thought that was the overall point of the CCCv2 upgrade. More computing power to allow for better operation of the capabilities already onboard, plus the capability to handle new functionality of UX3.0.

When I got my upgrade installed I immediately noticed better touchscreen responsiveness and faster reaction time to commands and fewer needs to reboot. I'm told that this is because CCCv2 has twice the memory capacity and therefore more headroom. I also noticed after the 2.11 download that the system downloaded the maps for the state I live in so that if navigation loses internet connectivity, I can still navigate offline. And there is room to add more states if I want to. From that I infer that more memory / computing power is a big deal with CCCv2.
I am just speculating based on the versioning number 2.11 that it is just incremental UI refresh and based on the same backend logic with no new functionality at all. The UI rendering does not require much processing power. All of the computing and functions are in the backend through interfaces and APIs.

Offline maps exists today prior to 2.11.
 
Thank you. $250 for the labor is not much at all. I am assuming one hour of labor.
I had some other work done at the same time, so it took about three hours total, but if all you're getting is the upgrade, I'm fairly sure it would take about an hour or so, depending on the technician. After the upgrade, the firmware got downgraded to 1.x.x or something and it took maybe two hours before they pushed the latest firmware to my car. Then it was a typical 30 minutes or so to upgrade firmware. so plan on having your car out of commission for at least four hours.
 
Still waiting. East Coast. 22 Air GT with the upgrade.

My main ask is the multi tasking. I leave the map open for traffic but still want access to audio controls.
Nothing came overnight so still waiting.

I only got the hardware update about 3 months when my car was in service for something else. I doubt it’s the case that there’s any sequencing based on when someone got the upgrade but who knows the mysterious ways of the sorting hat.
 
I am repeating myself here and that question was asked many times before but maybe @marqie can chime in here why is CCCv2 retrofit is not available in reffereal rewards store? I would love to use my points for something useful and schedule an CCCv2 upgrade rather than getting Lucid swag that I don't need.
 
There definitely was a split. I recall getting corrected on what that split was, as I had mistakenly said that the labor was more than the part.

***EDIT*** Found my receipt...

View attachment 41497
Correct I don't think that this is something that you would want to switch out yourself so to me the costs are merged. My updating process took quite a while, at least two hours after the installation as there were issues with the downloads.
 
I am repeating myself here and that question was asked many times before but maybe @marqie can chime in here why is CCCv2 retrofit is not available in reffereal rewards store? I would love to use my points for something useful and schedule an CCCv2 upgrade rather than getting Lucid swag that I don't need.
Just a wild guess, but I assume it's because they want to become profitable? I think it's generous of Lucid to even offer the CCCv2 upgrade at such a reasonable price. Considering the price of computer parts in this AI bubble, I wouldn't be surprised if they barely break even at this price point; they may even be taking a loss for each retrofit. In contrast, most of the other Lucid swag likely have a markup of 2x - 10x or so.
 
Last edited:
I am repeating myself here and that question was asked many times before but maybe @marqie can chime in here why is CCCv2 retrofit is not available in reffereal rewards store? I would love to use my points for something useful and schedule an CCCv2 upgrade rather than getting Lucid swag that I don't need.
So I just went to lucid website and the way it is currently designed it only allows you to schedule an appointment for the upgrade and pay for it after work is completed. The solution could be to change the workflow to prepay for the CCCv2 upgrade using referal points and $$$ and schedule an appointment afterwards with the work order stating paid.
 
Back
Top